Thread: Lake Hartwell

Lake Hartwell

I am visiting Lake Hartwell on June 16 thru the 23 and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some pointers or maybe even take me out for a couples of hours to show me around. I am not fishing any tournaments just fun fishing. Thanks in advance.
    2019 Ranger Z521c Mercury 250 pro XS four stroke Minn Kota Ultrex (2) 8' Power Poles
    2014 Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS Minn Kota 101 (2) 8' Power Poles
    1998 205 Procraft Mercury 225 Motorgiude

In June, there are a couple of options. My choice is usually to run down to the lower end of the lake near the dam. Get on the water very early every day. Work the areas near Lake Hartwell marina and Gum Log branch. Use topwaters and flukes early for schooling fish. (prob wont see many, but you can call them up). Keep a dropshot ready to drop on any fish you mark under your boat. Most of the bigger spots stay in that area of the lake. MOst of the deeper channel points have standing timber on the ends. Bass and striper both will suspend in them. Out in front of Long Point is another good area at times. If you can find and cane piles or brush, be sure an drop the DS down.
    Second option is to run WAY up the keowee river as far as you can get. There is plenty of current up there and sometimes schooling bass and striper can be caught up there in the summer. Just depends on what part of the lake you are staying. Hartwell is way over fished these days, but still is a good lake.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!