Dogfish_Jones

Thumbs Up Off to Guntersville....

for our club tournament tomorrow (6/1) and Saturday. We are putting in at the lower end of the lake, any good spots I need to hit that you would like to share?

2. Member
    How did the tournament go?

3. Dogfish_Jones
    It went ok for me. I never caught that huge bass that Guntersville is noted for. Friday, I had to run and slide up under a nice dock while the thunderstorms came whipping over. Just before that hit the bass seemed to get very active. The 15" limit kept me from a filling out a limit of 5 bass, I think I caught my share of 14 to 14 1/2 " bass.
    Saturday, started out great, caught two keepers one almost 5 pounds, then it died off. I went up a little to fish the river channel and I think everyone else was going to try that also. I slipped in a slot and then watched two other boaters scream, cuss and almost fight it out because one thought he had cast into his circle. I just sat there then and watch the arrogance of people. I didn't have any luck there anyways.
    I ended up with a 4 fish limit, but not enough to win the tournament. I placed third.
    I will say, being on this lake on a sunny Saturday is tough because of all the boats and then the many pontoon and ski boats. Add those cabin cruisers blowing by will make you re-think fishing this lake on a weekend.
    Being my first time on this lake, knowing nothing about it and where to go, I had fun Friday hunting out spots. I will say that I will try to fish this lake more often but not on and weekends in the summer, maybe very early spring of late fall I will venture out on a Saturday there.
    The lake is nice and I think I felt the reputation of "big fish" to be justified.

4. Member
    I heard it was a tough bite saturday and the water was rolling on the river.

5. Dogfish_Jones
    It was a tough bite Saturday. It pretty much died out after 10 AM. From there you had to flip a jig into blow downs to lure any bass out.