Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jchips View Post
    Don
    Ranger is pre-rigging my boat for a Pro XS 250 V8 20" lu. Are part numbers available for the battery cables and harness that ship with the engine?
    Thanks
    Yes- though it would be much easier to determine if you had the serial number.

8M0133542 OR 88439A50 for the Battery Cables (12' pair).

Clean Power harness is simply the 14' harness shown in the Rigging/Accessories Guide (not listed in EPC).
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 06-15-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Ranger is starting the boat this week. The engine shipment got delayed (so no serial#). I'm just trying to get everything to Ranger that would make the pre rig more complete. The engine will be installed here locally.
    Thanks

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes- can be looked up based on the engine serial number via the Electronic Parts Catalog.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. mikesxpress
    Don we need to wipe this thread clean back to my OP. There was to much conficting information that has been changed multiple times from 5' longer control cables to 1' shorter cables. Adding a fuel/water separator back to Mercury's standard format of the filter on the engine is all that's required.

What I do know at this point is doing a re-power from a existing 2 stroke 20" 250 Pro XS to a 4 stroke with mechanical controls is all you need is the 6' 14 pin harness extension to reach the rear of the engine. (If you don't have enough excess cable in the boat). And remove the primer bulb/install 3/8" fuel line from the tank to the engine.

Now if Mercury will get there mfg/supply chain unscrewed. Those of us that have had these engines on order since mid April might get to rig one.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Will be updating the thread (or an entire new one). Your experience applies to the engine YOU purchased, but does not necessarily apply to "all" engines that would be used to repower a bass, center-console or other fishing boat.

Still learning- but can tell you that your install was the "least" additional items required of the bunch. That's great for YOU!

6. mikesxpress
    Nothing like 1st hand actual experience when it comes to new release stuff. 21xTriton05 (Rob) on here has been hanging multiple variations of these 4 strokes on the coast in Florida since they started shipping. Working at a high volume dealer/repower center he is going to touch these motors 1st and work thru the installation issues. I've spoke to him a couple times and he has been great about sharing his rigging intel on these 4.6L engines. That's one of the great things about this board.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

That is great. It's just the model variations (and some of the pre-release info) that will get ya.

8. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Does anyone know what cables come with the 300R? The clean power cable?

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    WHICH 300R Model (there are 37 unique models of the 300R currently)?

10. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    20” standard mid nothing special
    digital of course.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    20” standard mid nothing special
    digital of course.
    20" Mechanical Control Model: Included.

DTS Model: NOT included. Must be ordered separately.

12. Member
    i just rigged two of the new 250 pro sx v8 motors ,both digital because according to mercury the kit needed for repowering for mechanical rigging hasnt been made yet by them, got them both hooked up and rigged and nothing happend ,went through programming again to make sure it was done right and stil nothing. while troublshooting i found that both motors at the 14 pin main harness where each wired wrong ,both had the wires in different places as to what they should have been to hook the 14 pin together to work. had to repin both motors to get the wires in the correct spots then everthing went great.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robert m View Post
    i just rigged two of the new 250 pro sx v8 motors ,both digital because according to mercury the kit needed for repowering for mechanical rigging hasnt been made yet by them, got them both hooked up and rigged and nothing happend ,went through programming again to make sure it was done right and stil nothing. while troublshooting i found that both motors at the 14 pin main harness where each wired wrong ,both had the wires in different places as to what they should have been to hook the 14 pin together to work. had to repin both motors to get the wires in the correct spots then everthing went great.
    You got serial numbers on one or both of those? Very strange story... from start to finish (especially since we've already seen Mechanical 250 ProXS Fourstrokes in the field).
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 06-28-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    You got serial numbers on one or both of those? Very strange story... from start to finish (especially since we've already seen Mechanical 250 ProXS Fourstrokes in the field).
    Was thinking the same... Mercury also Hot tests all their engines at the plant and a harness issue would have been caught then.

15. mikesxpress
    All of the Mercury's have some run time that will show on the computer. Obviously that wouldn't show if the harness was wired incorrectly? Hummm??

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    All of the Mercury's have some run time that will show on the computer. Obviously that wouldn't show if the harness was wired incorrectly? Hummm??

He works at Charger boats and I don’t think he’d lie; but is it possible to have the wrong harness?

17. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    He works at Charger boats and I don’t think he’d lie; but is it possible to have the wrong harness?
    Were asking legitimate questions. The harness comes wired into the engine systems. The mechanical connection to the new 4 strokes has been accomplished on lots of engines and there is no kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12