Thread: Lake Chesdin

Lake Chesdin

I've got a tourney there this weekend. I've never been, and won't have a chance to practice.

I'm not asking for fishing tips, but what will the water be like with all this rain? Any hazards that I should be aware of?

We are launching out of Whippernock.

Thanks.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Last I heard was a complete mud hole. A lot of water came downstream from previous rains.

It's gonna get worse. It's still raining here.... If you don't catch anything by 9am, you might as well put the boat on the trailer and call it a day. That's just Lake Chesdin for ya.

There might be some floating debris, but it's nothing compared to the rivers. Just go slow and keep a sharp eye out. Oh, if you see the big giant sign that says "ROCK", go way around it on the downstream side. Don't cut the corner on the upstream side. There really are rocks there just under the surface.

The best advise I can offer is, fish the pontoon boats at Wippernock if you are allowed to. That's about the only place I have caught anything on that lake.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

4. Member
    I would think a buzz bait ran along the front edge of the grass would earn you a few fish. Its going to make for a long day...
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

5. Member
    Points down lake is we’re it will be won black top water. Should be a good tournament. Lake will be fine.

Thanks for all the info fellas.

Looks like the weather ain't lookin any better for tomorrow, but we'll see what we can do.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

The water is clearing but it is still pretty dirty and yes it's going to be tough day.
    Good luck

Just thought I would give an update....

21 lbs won the Fishers of Men tournament I fished this past weekend. We ended up with 11.5 which I was satisfied with considering I'd never been on the lake, but also disappointed because later in the day I lost 2 that were over 4 lbs right at the boat and we had a little something figured out, but it was too late.

Chesdin was a neat little lake. I'd fish it more often if it was a little easier to get to, and if there were larger tournaments held there.

Down lake was stained pretty good and uplake was fairly muddy, but not horrible either.

Thanks for all the assistance last week!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO