Looking to buy a ‘98 Suzuki 200hp

I know nothing about them. I have always ran a mercury or evinrude. What are some of the pros and cons of these motors?

<u>PRAY as a 1st defense not a last resort </u>

2. Member
    Are you talking about the DT200? If so, I had a 99 Suzuki DT200 on my Procraft and it was a bullet proof motor. The first few years that I owned it, I pretty much ran it every month, even during the winter months when I was stationed in Idaho and all that I did for maintenance was change the plugs on it and kept it full of Pennzoil 2 stroke oil. After that, I left it at my parents house in Montana and took it out once a year after that and it always started with no problems, even sitting without being started for over a year and it ran just fine. Looking back, I probably should've done more maintenance on it such as change out of the water pump, but it was always running fine, even with old gas...lol The only downside I had with it was getting my boat above 55 mph. I tried changing pitches and everything else, but I could never get it past 55 for whatever reason. I'm sure my boat being a V200 and weighing over 1800lbs didn't help either.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    My friend had a dt225 on a bullet. He ran it hard. Never had much trouble, and still has it.