Ya'll come getcha' some of this, (fishing that is)

​It has been a while since I have had the opportunity to even think about fishing. One solid month of work, my son's retirement, and life in general have been my deterrent. When I left we had temps in the low 40's at night. Now we are hoping the temps drop below 75 at night. I have made a few trips in the past few days and can say that the fish have been waiting for me, right where I left them.

I hit Fork on Tuesday morning to avoid the weekend warriors over Memorial Day. I went before the sun was even trying to show itself. I was in my spot at 4 AM to get in on some of the night time bite, and escape the heat we have been experiencing.

At the ramp we had winds less than 5 MPH. The temps were in the mid 70's. The water conditions could not have been better. Most of the places I was I could see 2+ feet in the water. Heavy vegetation was everywhere. Hydrilla was thick as I have seen on Fork for many years. My spot had over 250 acres of grass beds. Seemed like it went on to the horizon. And a FULL MOON.

We caught 40 fish and were headed back to the trailer by 9:30.

The best baits were anything that kicked up water like a buzz bait would. Buzz Baits, Whopper Ploppers, Swimming Flukes with no weights, and ribbit style frogs. They were relating to nothing. I think they were roaming in wolf packs. Just attacking anything that moved in or around the grasses.

None of the fish were great bign's. Most were from 18 1/2 inches to 9 inches. It was fun though.

Here is the better of them.

I made a trip to another NE Texas lake today. The bass were just as ready to eat just before daylight. I caught 6 bass and missed another 4 or so. They did not have nothing to do with the buzz style baits here. The slow rolled spinner bait was the ticket. The water was even clearer than Fork. Good grasses all around the edges. But when the sun hit the water it was done.

Here is the best of those.

As Always....

Better Luck Next Time !!!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Member
    Still tearing em up on Fork, eh Jeff?

3. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Still tearing em up on Fork, eh Jeff?
    You know it. Just like you hitting the Bayou. I am comfortable and know where to accidentally find a few from time to time.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

5. Member
    I was up that way last week. Next time I go, I'll let you take me.

6. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRY J View Post
    I was up that way last week. Next time I go, I'll let you take me.
    I would be glad to do that. Just hit me up a week or so ahead of time. My schedule can be manipulated for just about anything.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

Man, I gotta get up that way again. Topwater on fork, pretty hard to beat right there. Glad you had some good trips.
    1991 Blazer VLX-150 / 2003 Mercury 150 XR6
    2015 Ranger 521C/ 2019 Mercury Racing 300R