Another Dale Hollow help question?

Hey guys headed down to Dale Hollow for a houseboat we rented for this coming Monday - Friday ! I got to be honest I’m a little nervous being such a big lake( my boat does have gps) , my home lake is 550 acres . Does Dale Hollow get rough with waves or anything to be cautious of ? I’ll be fishing out of a ranger 518 not huge but not small. Is there any local tackle shops or marinas that I can stop at to get any tackle I would need ? Finally any help or advice when it comes to the fishing, I know it can be a tough lake, I’m more than willing to talk through PMs if you prefer. I just want to have a good time with the wife and hopefully get her on some smallmouth. I’d love for one of us to catch a 5+! Like I said anything is much appreciated! Maybe I’ll see a few of you guys out on the lake ! Thanks

Throw a BIG spinnerbait at night. Main Lake points and secondary points. Prepare to get a rod jerked out of your hand if you are not paying attention. Fish towards the Dam for smallmouth.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Member
    I don’t think you’ll have to worry about rough water, it’ll be fine. Also plenty of places to get out of the wind if it did blow. Definitely take advantage of the night bite. Folks run at night here so be careful. Lots of islands and things that can mess you up. Don’t fully rely on your GPS for navigation. Not sure where you’re going out of but I’d make sure you have Tackle before you get here. The marinas probably won’t have selection you’re looking for. Your Ranger will do fine. I see kayaks out there fishing. Just enjoy yourself and take in the beauty. I love fishing it and one of the most beautiful lakes in the country. There is trout hatchery at the dam that’s open to the public for visitors.
    Basscat!

4. Member
    I drive all over that lake in a Ranger RT188 and even on the windiest days it's nothing my tin boat can't handle. You'll be fine. Not sure where you're staying but the "One Stop" in Celina reopened and is selling tackle again from what i've heard. I haven't been there yet myself to see what they have, though. Just be careful at night, even with GPS you can get lost out there in the dark. When the sun goes down, it gets DARK!

5. Member
    Hey thanks for the input guys and the quick responses! We will be going out of holly creek ! I’m definitely looking forward to the lake it looks beautiful!

6. Member
    Holly Creek is a great place. That’s where I typically launch from.
    Basscat!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    Holly Creek is a great place. That’s where I typically launch from.
    Great place in the middle of the lake. My only issue with Holly Creek is the super long idle area. I prefer the state park near Cedar Hill on the lower end. I've been fishing there for over 30 years and have never been on the lake when I felt in danger due to rough water. I like swimming a grub on deep points this time of year or if they are slow, working a tube slowly down the ledges. As some mentioned, a big spinner bait at night might get your arm broken
    Boatless Bank Trash for now