Thread: Tritiums

Question Tritiums

Thinking of topping my carry weapon (Glock 30S) with a new set of night sights and these...

...have piqued my interest.

https://www.xssights.com/DXWGlock21B....aspx?CAT=8323

I've always shot traditional 3-dot sights, but the express-style rear and heavier outline of the lamp up front seem to make a lot of sense for fast target acquisition/sight alignment in a defensive firearm, especially one being employed via eyesight that's not as sharp as it once was.

Anyone using these, or sights similar?

Thoughts?
    Who controls John Gill?

2. Member
    I've had tritium (Trijicon) , 3 dot white, & Hi Viz fiber optic.

I'll take the hi viz fiber optic all day. Much better in daylight, don't think I've ever fired a shot at night, & if I did it certainly wouldn't be any "aiming" involved, it would be very close range, where it's pretty much just point & shoot in defense, in the darkness nobody will have time to draw a proper bead, situations go down too fast for that.

3. Member
    I have a new set of Hi-Viz tritium sight for Glocks that I'll make you a great deal on. The front sight is missing the screw... which is less than $5.

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    I have a new set of Hi-Viz tritium sight for Glocks that I'll make you a great deal on. The front sight is missing the screw... which is less than $5.
    Appreciate the offer, Terry, but I went ahead and ordered the XS sights... Arrived yesterday.

Haven't had time to mount them, yet, but my initial impression is favorable... Not gonna be a problem picking up that front sight!
    Who controls John Gill?