Question Leech Lake in August

Its been probably 10 years since I've fished Leech for bass and the family is renting a house on the lake for a vacation in August.

Any quick tips on what to look for or what areas are most productive? I love frog fishing and flipping heavy grass and the rice used to be where its at, but I know things can change.

2. Member
    Frogs work good up in the rice in boy bay and sucker bay. It seems like the bass in steamboat bay have become lazy due to all the easy to pray on rusty crayfish and don't won't to break the surface for a frog, so you have better luck flipping into the rice. The deeper pencil reeds will probably be good as well that time of year.

3. Member
    Don't discount the old Jawbreaker spoon. It still catches fish on Leech.

4. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    Don't discount the old Jawbreaker spoon. It still catches fish on Leech.
    Ahhhh the ol' jawbreaker in the rice -- a Leech Lake classic. I may have to give it a try for old times sake.

5. Member
    I second Boy Bay, Frogs on the bulrush last year in august was amazing, also steamboat if you go out of that access there is a bridge you can cross under to kabekona bay, lots of shallow pads in the northwest corner caught a lot of 3+ swamp donkeys back there.