Thread: carisle tires

carisle tires

never even thought about looking my brand of tires since i bought it
    and go to find out there Carlisle tire. heard a lot of negative things about them.
    so who out would use them? seem ok so far , pretty much new . put about 200 miles
    since had the boat.

2. Member
    They came on my 2013 tandem. I've had no issues. I did replace the 2 rears due to wear ~10 months ago with the newer Carlisle HD version, which is also a good looking/riding tire. Keep them inflated to the number on the sidewall. Perform routine inspections. Drive safely! Thanks for your service, sir.

3. Member
    I've got the Carlisle HD's as well. So far so good.

mine are duratrails

I'm on my second set of Carlisle's on my single axle and haven't had so much as a low tire. I travel about 180 miles round trip on the interstate to go to the lake. No tire problem ever. I got about 6+ years out of them and the set of 15" Carlisle's I have now are about a year or two old. I'll probably buy them again.

In fact the only trailer tire I've ever had pop on me was a Goodyear.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    Have the 13" RadialTrail HD (65 psi) and am pleased. Buddy is happy with the ones on his camper.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    This!

8. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I have them. after a couple hundred miles one had it's tread separate. Replaced it and they have been doing okay now for a few years. My next set of tires will be Goodyear Endurance for sure. I think I'm going to change them out sooner than later. Havn't heard anything negative about the Endurance yet.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

i was on borrowed time at 13500 with my carlies, they made it to 17500 before they were trash, flat spots and out of round tread wear,

i have 16000 on my good year endurance, they are showing the same wear patterns but still rolling round and holding up fair, not on borrowed time yet

yes i would say my trailer is not perfect, disappointing that its a 2015....
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Banned
    me too

11. Member
    I ran two different sets. Had internal tread separation twice. Once on each set. Took out a fender on each blowout to the tune of $2600. Internal tread separation occurred with right around 3 yrs on the tires and 50 % tire tread left. I was running a tire pressure monitoring system when the tire blew so it was not due to improper inflation and/or excessive tire heat. I had to put a third set on while I was on my fishing trip in Florida but got rid of them two weeks later when I got back to Texas. I wont run a Chinese trailer tire again if I can help it. The poor quality stories you hear and read about Carlilse's and other Chinese junk tires are true. Several large RV manufactures have gone away from the Chinese ST tires and are know running Goodyear Endurance tires as standard equipment.

12. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I can't believe that there are still folks out there that say the $400 in tires holding up the $40-60k boats are rolled until the get on borrowed time. I just don't understand that. I understand normal wear and tear on auto, truck or even boat tires but beyond that it's too easy to go out and buy 2 new tires. Heck you are talking a new rod and reel combo for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    I can't believe that there are still folks out there that say the $400 in tires holding up the $40-60k boats are rolled until the get on borrowed time. I just don't understand that. I understand normal wear and tear on auto, truck or even boat tires but beyond that it's too easy to go out and buy 2 new tires. Heck you are talking a new rod and reel combo for peace of mind.
    Lol I hear ya, but its tandem axel behind a 3/4 ton,I should be able to get it stopped safely on our desolate roads up here. there is 35k miles on my trailer (new September 26, 2015) being as I need to drive to MN several times a week so getting the miles out of them funds a few extra trips...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089