Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Ultrex angle when deployed

there was a lot of talk about this when the ultrex first came out. Is your ultrex level?

https://www.facebook.com/GeraldSwind...1138720609611/

for those who can see the video, he mentions these, but they say transom wedges

https://thmarinesupplies.com/product...-transom-wedge

2. Member
    i would do that with the boat in the water not on the trailer..

3. Banned
    Gerald Swindle / GMAN Please don’t say shouldn’t you check it on the water that was done first that’s how I noticed trolling motor in bad angle and I was having trouble seeing bait on screen

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Minn Kota should come out with a wedge that will adjust the angle.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

This was discussed in detail and seems that the triton has a more pronounced down angle compared to other boats

So when you add the 5.5 degrees he says the triton has and the 3 degrees the Ultrex adds he’s looking at 8.5 degrees and that would cause issues

There was a video and a few photos that showed how bad it looked on a triton

Most boats are only going to see the 3 degrees the Ultrex has and shouldn’t be that big of a deal

And when you consider most boats sit a little butt heavy the 3 degrees can actually help keep your xdcr level

With that said I am surprised that some company out there hasn't made a wedge for this
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    Seems to me that it would be a lot easier to shim the trolling motor transducer rather than the motor itself. Before you do anything you have to determine what angle your boat sits at in the water.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    With that said I am surprised that some company out there hasn't made a wedge for this
    My first bet/guess would be Transducer Shield and Saver....

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Seems to me that it would be a lot easier to shim the trolling motor transducer rather than the motor itself. Before you do anything you have to determine what angle your boat sits at in the water.
    Someone has mentioned that already...i offered to send a piece of starboard so they could practice and then make me one.....but never saw anything else....
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 05-30-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    I like this short and simple vid for finding out how your boat sits in the water and then mimicking it at home. Although the vid shows how to set up your transom transducer, all you have to do for the bow is to drop the trolling motor, and shim the troller transducer until it is level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYsmJRc_fE
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    If you do that it would be worse when you turn the trolling motor.

10. Member
    I wedged my transducer but I see where that would be a lot better. Like troy said, turning will make it worse.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    This was discussed in detail and seems that the triton has a more pronounced down angle compared to other boats

So when you add the 5.5 degrees he says the triton has and the 3 degrees the Ultrex adds he’s looking at 8.5 degrees and that would cause issues

There was a video and a few photos that showed how bad it looked on a triton

Most boats are only going to see the 3 degrees the Ultrex has and shouldn’t be that big of a deal

And when you consider most boats sit a little butt heavy the 3 degrees can actually help keep your xdcr level

i haven't had the chance to actually check mine, but 3 degrees is a lot when you fish 30-50 ft all the time. I have to drop my drop show very far back from the bow to get it to show up on sonar

12. Member
    When I watched the video the only thing I thought of was instead of levelling the deck was to level the boat using the water scum line. Just not sure if that changes the angle but it is a true representation of how your boat sits in the water with you up front angling. That said, I'll level my Triton that way and see how my deck is compared to it.

Good video that he provided though, useful insight.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    i haven't had the chance to actually check mine, but 3 degrees is a lot when you fish 30-50 ft all the time. I have to drop my drop show very far back from the bow to get it to show up on sonar
    I agree any offset is not good

I’m lucky to have a boat that sits just about right

But since I fish big water it’s not often the boat is sitting still anyways
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Banned
    i agree. i have noticed how much mine is a negative camber when lanier is flat calm though. i have to drop my bait well back of the transducer to see it. I'm working with a guy for a simple solution. A full trolling motor plate would be expensive and that th 5 degrees is too much for me

15. Member
    I know you don't like the ideaof a ducer shim but if you shim it ,it will be right as for whitch ever direction the tm is pointing. I have always pitched mine a couple degress rhis way simply because when rotating pedal I can see whitch way most of brush is laying.

16. Banned
    the only reason i dont like doing it that way is for using spot lock. no telling which way my trolling motor will be pointed

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    the only reason i dont like doing it that way is for using spot lock. no telling which way my trolling motor will be pointed
    I understand now.

18. Member
    i am making a wedge out of marine starbord the wedge will be 1 1/4 " to nothing in 15"long.
    fish reveal is my only reason for wanting it perfect

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfisher View Post
    i am making a wedge out of marine starbord the wedge will be 1 1/4 " to nothing in 15"long.
    fish reveal is my only reason for wanting it perfect
    That's a LOT of angle!!

John

I’m not a fan of starboard I’ve seen it shatter
    I have had a couple of butt seats that the base was made of starboard and the big-o boys that fish with me have broken two of them
    I went and bought a high end plastic cutting board and cut it to size and they have yet to break one
    They did manage to bend one but it didn’t shatter
    An industrial nylon plastic will do the same

You can see I glued this one back together to get the correct shape but you can also see it broke into 7 pieces

Attachment 328049
    "The handicapped angler"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast