New Minn Kota Ultrex Quest amp draw?

Does anybody the new Minn Kota Ultrex Quest amp draw?

2. Member
    I looked on Minn Kota web site and no documents are released there for viewing. I would tend to believe the spec is less than the original Ultrex which is 52 amps

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    They are recommending a 60 Amp breaker, so it would definitely be under that. I have posted a couple of questions which Humminbird has quickly answered on the product sales site. You might try asking the question there.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Manual says 60A max and they’ve upgraded the wiring recommendation by one or two sizes over the original Ultrex 112. Likely part of the reason for the wire size change is that the new motor is specified as 3% drop max vs. 5% on the older motors.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    I wanted to provide some real-world input on this. I just installed a Quest on my boat with three 50Ah Ionic lithium batteries, and according to the Ionic App the Quest at full rip is pulling 59 amps. Seems a little high. I am replacing the 6AWG trolling motor wire to 2AWG to lower the resistance and voltage drop.
    Capture.PNG