Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Starboard should shatter since it is supported on both top and bottom.....the seat breaking is a "big o boy" issue IMO.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Good news; I have a '14 Ranger Z520C with an Ultrex and when I drop a bait straight down it shows just fine with my Totalscan transducer mounted on it!! So all you Ranger guys should be good. No swimming required!!!

John

3. Banned
    i cured mine as well simply by installing the new transducer as far as possible front of the trolling motor head

4. Member
    I did this mod with a body shim kit from harbor freight. $8.99. It comes with 1/8", 1/16" and 1/64" shims. I raised the front of the trolling motor mount 3/4" to get it level and added shims decreasing in size going back. My bait used to be behind the trolling motor to see it. I will try it out Saturday.
    2017 Phoenix 819, Mercury 200 Pro XS, 80 Ultrex w/ iPilot Link, Helix 10SI console, Helix 10 DI bow

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I’m not a fan of starboard I’ve seen it shatter
    I have had a couple of butt seats that the base was made of starboard and the big-o boys that fish with me have broken two of them
    I went and bought a high end plastic cutting board and cut it to size and they have yet to break one
    They did manage to bend one but it didn’t shatter
    An industrial nylon plastic will do the same

You can see I glued this one back together to get the correct shape but you can also see it broke into 7 pieces

If I'm not mistaken Starboard material is what manufacturers use to make cutting boards.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos20xl View Post
    I did this mod with a body shim kit from harbor freight. $8.99. It comes with 1/8", 1/16" and 1/64" shims. I raised the front of the trolling motor mount 3/4" to get it level and added shims decreasing in size going back. My bait used to be behind the trolling motor to see it. I will try it out Saturday.

Id like to see a pic of this install

7. Member
    This was an amazing little mod. It had a 4* tilt back. Now to redo some waypoints that I captured from the bow. I also added the AS GPS HS to the bow. Awesome setup.

2017 Phoenix 819, Mercury 200 Pro XS, 80 Ultrex w/ iPilot Link, Helix 10SI console, Helix 10 DI bow

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    That's a pretty good angle.....thanks for the pics.....as soon as i can get out i'll mess with mine and see what i can determine.....

9. Member
    Before I started shimming, I would suggest putting the boat in the water, taking a level to the front deck where the trolling motor is mounted, then using quarters/dimes/nickles,etc. bring it up to level. This will tell you how much "off" you are when in the water. Then take the boat home, place the same shims under the level to get the same "attitude" the boat is in the water, then shim the trolling motor to that.
    On another note, I have a Basscat and have had no problems with the trolling motor transducer reading.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    ^^^^^^That's what i plan on doing...also have one of those digital level so i'll use both to make sure i get it as close as i can. Definitely wont do it sitting in my shop before figuring out what type of angle.

11. Member
    I did the leveling on the water before I shimmed the motor. I actually put my digital level from my phone on the shaft of the trolling motor and that told me how much i need to raise to get level.

12. Member
    crazy that all this needs to be done to a new TM... MK needs to correct this issue

13. Banned
    scap at transducer shield and saver has a much easier solution than shimming the entire motor. i didn't move forward with helping him as i'm happy with my results now. Just give him a call and tell him troy sent you

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykins Tr21 View Post
    crazy that all this needs to be done to a new TM... MK needs to correct this issue
    I can agree that the trolling motor has a negative angle, and it is by design as I've stated in the post. Maybe boat manufacturers need to level the bows of the boats that have the exaggerated slope.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

15. Banned
    if they did, the motor would still have a negative angle

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos20xl View Post
    This was an amazing little mod. It had a 4* tilt back. Now to redo some waypoints that I captured from the bow. I also added the AS GPS HS to the bow. Awesome setup.

What exactly did you use there? Looks like a piece of plate but what are the standoffs?

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    In the previous page he mentions it was a body shim kit from Harbor Freight.

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    scap at transducer shield and saver has a much easier solution than shimming the entire motor.
    Which is what??? Is it top secret that you cant say???

19. Banned
    it doesnt exist. it's simply an issue we talked about and he had some ideas on how to easily fix it. he wanted me to call back with the amount of correction i would need but i never have

20. Member
    The plate was already there from factory. The shame are silver and I wrapped them, after being stacked for height, in electrical tape to camouflage them somewhat.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/144-pi...ent-67585.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast