Thread: 2019 FX's

2019 FX's

Just curious to see if anyone has heard anything. Its close to dealer meeting time and sometimes stuff gets leaked out. Curious if there are going to be any changes or color changes.

2. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkey View Post
    Just curious to see if anyone has heard anything. Its close to dealer meeting time and sometimes stuff gets leaked out. Curious if there are going to be any changes or color changes.
    I heard from a rep that the base price is going up this year, imagine that

3. Member
    Im curious if the new ZX deck layout will carry over to the FX? It will be interesting to see.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

4. Banned
    Love my new zx250 but hate the center box makes no sense.

5. Banned
    Love my new zx250 but hate the center box makes no sense.

Truer words were never typed. I went and looked at an ad for a 2018. Is that supposed to hold tackle? The only thing that would make a Center Rod Locker any better would be two of them. Imagine My disappointment to see what looked to be 2 plastic boxes to hold a bunch of crap You'll never need. Pretty soon it'll be for the "pop up screen" for the electronics 7' x 7'

I'm not a fan of the way they did the new ZX center box at all...didn't like it when the first showed it, ain't liked since..won't ever get used to it cause I won't buy one like that...cause if I did I'd bitch about it every day...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

7. Member
    Hopefully they take note on the negatives from all on the center box and discontinue it my 17 is laid out so much better in my opinion
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

8. Member
    The FX will not see the new design. They have it well balanced out and don' t want to mess with it. The ZX will continue with the new design, and I felt like they made a big mistake with the new design. But, after having one for a couple months now, its fantastic. It leads to so many options to lay out tackle. The 2 tackle organizers are removeable, which allows you to put your rods in the traditional box. Leaving so much room for tackle in the center. plus you can still use the center for your first of the day rods or partners on travel trips.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    The FX will not see the new design. They have it well balanced out and don' t want to mess with it. The ZX will continue with the new design, and I felt like they made a big mistake with the new design. But, after having one for a couple months now, its fantastic. It leads to so many options to lay out tackle. The 2 tackle organizers are removeable, which allows you to put your rods in the traditional box. Leaving so much room for tackle in the center. plus you can still use the center for your first of the day rods or partners on travel trips.
    Lots of options for rigging

10. Scraps
    Wait, which do you guys like? The tow center rod lockers or the massive center tackle compartment? My Phoenix has a the massive center tackle compartment and I HATE TIT. I used to travel light so don't need a lot of tackle. Now I carry tons of chit in that big compartment. It's tough when getting things in and out opening that big lid. I really like the small/day box compartment in front of the console on the ZX/FX.

I had looked hard at Skeeter when I bought this Bird, and now looking at Skeeter again. In large part due to the SHO. Not a big fan of my XS.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    Hope they off 2 deck layouts . That is what keeps me out of a new ZX , and let me pick my colors it's a MFG thing I get it . No not really .To only offer these colors for the price these boats that have gotten out of hand on price .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    Hope they off 2 deck layouts . That is what keeps me out of a new ZX , and let me pick my colors it's a MFG thing I get it . No not really .To only offer these colors for the price these boats that have gotten out of hand on price .
    I love the fact that Skeeter keeps it simple. I think they also offer a lot of color options compared to others. My 2018 ZX200 isn't that more than what my Brother paid for his 2011 and I got more standard options. I do wish that you could order the boat without some options though.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

13. Member
    I just hope they get rid of those stupid rod tubes!!
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seniorjumper82 View Post
    I just hope they get rid of those stupid rod tubes!!
    YES!!

15. Member
    Why HATE TIT?