Thread: it's wednesday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow!! Enjoyed reading every post on this thread. Bunch of DIY fellers. My kinda guys. I seem to work on mine week in and week out. Plenty of upgrades in the past year. It has been fished hard and put up wet for a while now. Yeah, she will still catch fish.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berger1b View Post
    Maybe I didn't apply the grease as often as I should. Thanks for the idea.
    If you have to crawl under the boat and re-grease the o-rings every trip, might as well just screw the plug in ... Just messin with ya Bernard, I plan on putting one on mine eventually.

Y'all need to just be like my buddy GB. He gets a new boat, screws the plug in, and it NEVER comes out!! LOL

He says, what ya wanna take it out for? Screw it in, I know its in, never have to worry about it not being in.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    If you have to crawl under the boat and re-grease the o-rings every trip, might as well just screw the plug in ... Just messin with ya Bernard, I plan on putting one on mine eventually.
    You are right. I hope I don't have to grease it on every trip. it is definitely easier to do at the house on cool and shaded concrete than on a hot gravel parking lot. Once every 3-4 months would not be too bad.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Y'all need to just be like my buddy GB. He gets a new boat, screws the plug in, and it NEVER comes out!! LOL

He says, what ya wanna take it out for? Screw it in, I know its in, never have to worry about it not being in.
    That's true! Back in the day, a buddy of mine was always forgetting to put his plug in. Resulted in a fast run across the lake to suck out the water and quickly install the plug. Of course back then you could reach the drain hole and only get your arm wet. He finally installed one of those soft rubber flaps that only allowed water to flow out of the boat when running on plane. Fixed his problem.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Helix MEGA SI @ the helm and Helix MEGA DI @ the bow
    Now that’s a serious upgrade. Sweet. The new V4 map chips are the real deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12