Thread: Leveling boat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I have lead shot in shot bags as well as in leather pouches used for hand forming sheet metal, they hold 25 lbs. Why wouldn't you advise using lead shot bags in a tournament?
    I was on Cross Lake in Louisiana getting ready to fish a night tournament like I did every Thursday night. Backed my boat in with my partner in it and went to park the truck. Time I got to the boat they had already done a boat check just like every week and this time the guy saw my shot bags laying in the floor. That’s where I always keep 2 never opened bags in plain Day so I could slide them as I’m running depending on who was in the boat with me. This guy got in my face screaming and yelling and making a huge scene in front of about 80 people calling me a cheater. He got so mad he had to walk away and another guy came over and I explained what they were for and I told him I would gladly take a polygraph test and so would my partner. He said we will when the tournament is over so I took out the shot and went fishing. Soon as I got on the water I called Kurt to vent and he said go back up there and whoop his ass or have him call me and I’ll tell him he is a Idiot. After the tournament the guy came up to me and apologized after he talked to a guy he knew that owned a high performance boat. Now I run 1/2 inch steel plates

2. Member
    Wow, that guy must have been very insecure or just ignorant.

3. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    I have 3 batteries on the passengers side for solo and I have one of the 2 trolling batteries with extra long cables is able to unclip from battery tray on drivers side and reclip on the passenger side they are mounted far to the outside to maximize the weights effectiveness.....this makes it possible to move 120lb of ballast for one 60lb battery....drives side is now 60lb lighter passengers side is now 60lbs heavier and usually balances the boat out a real heavy passenger I may need to do 2 batteries to get to balance so far it has been fine.....

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

4. RIP -April 30,2023
    i run 180lbs of batteries, 50lbs of ballast, trim pump and the oil tank on port side to balance mine. i run that amount of weight fishing or for top speed runs.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    i run 180lbs of batteries, 50lbs of ballast, trim pump and the oil tank on port side to balance mine. i run that amount of weight fishing or for top speed runs.
    I didnt think you fished!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12