Thumbs Up Maiden voyage today in my Stratos 176

We blew a tire, (Thankfully I had a spare and the correct size lug wrench), got lost, fallen tree on road to the ramp, and the motor wouldn't start at the far end of the lake. The gear shifter wasn't in neutral, that was all. I'd post some pics, but the file size is too large to post.

2. Member
    Seemed like a great day
    07 STRATOS 176XT

3. Member
    Congrats.. Starting to think that's normal. First Tx in my new to me 186 last month and my cranking battery was dead. Ended up jumping it to get through the day and replaced the 2 bank charger with a 3 bank afterward.. Got that in and ended up having to replace the cranking battery. Got back out yesterday for fun and everything but the sidescan worked fantastically.

4. Member
    Had same problem on my maiden voyage, motor wouldn't start....checked battery , etc...then noticed dangling kill switch on my life jacket....relieved and felt stupid. I caught several bass, though, and so enshrined the good mojo on my new rig! Done it a couple of times since too. Slow learner....lol...it's only a matter of time before I do the "forget the plug, key, etc., thing......
    2016 Tracker ProTeam 195 TXW
    Mercury 150 L EFI 4-stroke
    Twin Helix 9 SI GPS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 w/iPilot Link
    Easy Step

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliderpilot166 View Post
    Had same problem on my maiden voyage, motor wouldn't start....checked battery , etc...then noticed dangling kill switch on my life jacket....relieved and felt stupid. I caught several bass, though, and so enshrined the good mojo on my new rig! Done it a couple of times since too. Slow learner....lol...it's only a matter of time before I do the "forget the plug, key, etc., thing......
    LOL, Done that a few times.
    07 STRATOS 176XT

6. Member
    Congrats on your Stratos 176XT. I own one as well . Very pleased with it !