Need a trained eye

I have a friend that asked me (since they know I fish a lot) to help them sell 2 boxes of old Bagley lures that belonged to a deceased family member. While I am an avid fisherman I am not a lure expert by any stretch . Are any of these rare ? Because the box says "rare" .... I know I know ...any info on some or all would be great and also where and how to sell them .
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    A few nice colors; but I would not characterize them as rare.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Nor would I say they are rare, but look to be in great shape. I would list them on eBay and let the market set the price

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    Nor would I say they are rare, but look to be in great shape. I would list them on eBay and let the market set the price
    List them all together or separate? What would the starting price be ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockedwake View Post
    List them all together or separate? What would the starting price be ?
    May as well go altogether. You want a lower number to start out at for them to bid up. I'd bid $50 if you started at that, just to get the ball rolling

6. Member
    If they were mine and I wanted to get the absolute most out of them, I would list them one at a time on eBay. While it is easier to sell them all at one time, that is rarely the way to get the most for what you have. To me, it does look like you have some good colors that I wouldn't call rare but some would probably bring a decent price if listed separately. But before I did that, I would spend some time on this website https://thecolorsofbagleys.com/ and familiarize myself with the colors and the rarity rating of the ones that I had. I will say this, at this time, Bagley's (as well as other lures) are not bringing their best price. Good luck with them and hope you get as much as possible for them.

Forgot, if I were to list them one at a time, I would start the auction at $.99. Trust me, if you have a good lure in there, they will find it. There are plenty of people sitting there waiting for people to list Bagley's and the lower you start the auction the more people will be interested in it. If I listed them all together, I would start it at the lowest price I would be willing to take for them all. This is my opinion, and mine only, because Bagley's collectors might be looking for a specific color/lure they might not be willing to pay a lot for the whole lot just to get the 1 lure that they want.
    Last edited by preacher ed; 05-29-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post
    If they were mine and I wanted to get the absolute most out of them, I would list them one at a time on eBay. While it is easier to sell them all at one time, that is rarely the way to get the most for what you have. To me, it does look like you have some good colors that I wouldn't call rare but some would probably bring a decent price if listed separately. But before I did that, I would spend some time on this website https://thecolorsofbagleys.com/ and familiarize myself with the colors and the rarity rating of the ones that I had. I will say this, at this time, Bagley's (as well as other lures) are not bringing their best price. Good luck with them and hope you get as much as possible for them.

Forgot, if I were to list them one at a time, I would start the auction at $.99. Trust me, if you have a good lure in there, they will find it. There are plenty of people sitting there waiting for people to list Bagley's and the lower you start the auction the more people will be interested in it. If I listed them all together, I would start it at the lowest price I would be willing to take for them all. This is my opinion, and mine only, because Bagley's collectors might be looking for a specific color/lure they might not be willing to pay a lot for the whole lot just to get the 1 lure that they want.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post

Solid advice right there

9. Member
    I see 4 db3's that I paid a hundred or more for before the bottom fell out of the Bagley market. Same colors sell for a quarter of that now.

10. Member
    First I would look to see if any of them has brass hardware. Bagley used all brass on the oldest. That is both hooks and line tie then some were just line tie and first hook. Those would be Florida made and will get a little more money.