anyone get to fish this weekend

we went to Tablerock this past weekend with the kids. had a pretty good time camping down there and the more I go to the Rock the more I like it there.
    went out early Monday to do some test running with the boat since I have been having a few issues with it and boat ran fine. Was really foggy and couldn't run much so thought I would do some fishing. started throwing a topwater on some points and fish started blowing up on it but for the life of me I couldn't get hooked up. been a while since I have got to fish topwater cause most of the time I'm still driving to the lake that early. got to one nice point that had a lot of rock on it with some good depth to it on either side, put the sun at my back and started casting the topwater around the point, managed to catch one nice spotted bass about 16-17" good solid keeper. few casts later caught another and while reeling the fish in I looked down in the water and there had to be 10-12 fish of the same size following it up trying to take the bait away from the fish I had caught. Now I have heard of this before so I know it happens but I have never had it done myself. so landed that fish and a few casts later I could see a small school of baitfish kind of bust the top of the water and a wake from a fish chasing them right in front of me. and all of a sudden all hell broke loose, there were fish everywhere busting the top of the water all around my boat rolling over one another coming completely out of the water jumping after bait fish busting shad everywhere. Me in the excitement I give the topwater lure a fling and I get the good old " professional overrun" lure hits the end of the line and pops off and goes flying to land out in the water, this whole time the spots are still busting shad so I throw that rod down grab another I had out with just a topwater popper/chugger and toss it out. I had probably 10 fish or more roll on it and I couldn't get hooked up. made about 4 casts with it and just as sudden as it happened it stopped. was the craziest thing I have seen before that is for sure but was some of the most fin I have had also.
    figured since the commotion was all over I would go look for my topwater that I lost on the backlash case and I looked for 10 min or so and I couldn't find it anywhere. I assume that in the chaos a fish came up and hit it and just took it with them wherever they ended up.

all in all was a pretty nice weekend. was really hot and kids got a little grumpy while on the boat since they had to wear lifejackets the whole time but they had fun and got to catch some fish so was a fun time.
    hopefully everyone else had a good weekend also.

2. Banned
    Mark Twain was a Zoo!!!

tablerock was pretty busy also. but if you got in the backs it wasn't so bad.

4. Member
    Fished the Little Niangua arm of LOZ. Fishing was good early. Later in the day boating and swimming was in order. :)

5. Member
    Went fishing alright..... fishing in the cooler for a cold one!

FYI - guys.... I've got a nice 2017 Ranger Z520c for sale ....... check out the Boats4sale page..........
    let your friends, family, anyone know about it......... I need to get it sold.

Appreciate the help!

6. Member
    Great report again Luke. I was down at the rock too but didn't even bring the boat! Man it was hot! What part of the lake were you at? Boat run good?

We camped at aunts creek
    Boat ran pretty good once I fixed the gas leak caused from me the dummy forgetting to tighten a bolt up

go to Loz moe and start throwing deep cranks on main lake points.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure