Thread: Nitro setup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nitro setup

So I have a nitro z7 2010 150 optimax I put a 6 inch jack plate two 10 foot powerpoles and now I have a hard time getting on plane with partner and livewell filled have 24 pitch prop prop to pad is 4 1/2 runs at 5000 rpms 50 mph not getting enough lift as spash is coming out a little in front of me what do I do have had it running good with only me in it but partner creates bad take off

2. Pat Goff
    You have to setup with a fishing load.
    So with a fishing load you've got way too much prop. I'd be looking for a 21 tempest or yamaha M prop to put on it, that will dramatically improve your holeshot and get your rpms up to 5,600 where your motor really wants to live.

100 lbs is 1-2 mph. You added the poles and then fill the livewells, fuel tank and a big guy partner is a really big difference, you need to make the adjustment, which is your prop.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Four or 3 blade

4. Member
    I have a budy with the same set up but has a four stroke and went to a bravo FS if you know some body that has a bravo 1 xs I would try a 22 or 23 pitch and raise the motor to 3 1/2 below pad Rothwell Marine has some good deals going and will let you swappitch if needed.

5. Member
    my 13 z7 dc 150 pro xs prop to pad is best 2 1/2 -3 depending on chop an load. will pull the 24p but is much happier with the 23p when loaded up with gear and fullwells.