Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have experience with both the 45" and the 52".
    I had a 45" on my ZX190 and it worked great except when both of us were fishing on the back deck in windy weather. With two people back there the bow would come up higher and the TM would come out of the water more often.
    I now have a ZX250 with the 52". The added length keeps it in the water more. I have fished in shallow water (1.9 ft on the fish finder) without hitting the prop. So far I'm happy with the 52".
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post
    I have experience with both the 45" and the 52".
    I had a 45" on my ZX190 and it worked great except when both of us were fishing on the back deck in windy weather. With two people back there the bow would come up higher and the TM would come out of the water more often.
    I now have a ZX250 with the 52". The added length keeps it in the water more. I have fished in shallow water (1.9 ft on the fish finder) without hitting the prop. So far I'm happy with the 52".
    I had a 52" and of course you can run it in as shallow water as the boat will float. The problem is you have to raise the shaft of the 52" shaft way up so it not only gets in the way of flipping it looks stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12