Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Glad you solved the problem!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    Thanks all. I had a local fabricator cut the stand down 3 inches. Just touches the bow with very little pressure. Still drops off ever so slightly on the steepest ramps but will only just “touch” the replaceable nose section of tm mount and doesn’t get anywhere near the the tm foot or transducer anymore. All is now right with the world and it loads and unloads almost like it’s supposed to. Not sure why MM chose to oversized the stand so severely not why they chose to build trailers that would be dunked in water out of tube.
    Good on you for getting the issue resolved. Did you end up removing the shims from under the front mounts for the bunks? Also I believe you mentioned
    that you were using a 3 inch drop hitch. I recommended you try a hitch with more drop and now somebody else has also recommended it. You would
    be surprised at what an additional inch of drop can do for you. Try to find somebody you can borrow a 4inch drop from and try it out?

3. Member
    I did remove the shims and also got a 4” drop hitch. I think all the suggestions were spot on and helpful.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    Thanks all. I had a local fabricator cut the stand down 3 inches. Just touches the bow with very little pressure. Still drops off ever so slightly on the steepest ramps but will only just “touch” the replaceable nose section of tm mount and doesn’t get anywhere near the the tm foot or transducer anymore. All is now right with the world and it loads and unloads almost like it’s supposed to. Not sure why MM chose to oversized the stand so severely not why they chose to build trailers that would be dunked in water out of tube.
    Bet it feels like you’ve got a new boat now...

Glad you got it fixed, and thanks for letting us know the outcome!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123