Thread: Thank You

Banned

Thank You

Skeeter Man, Bones, and I made our May 20-25 trip to St. Clair. We met lots of nice, helpful individuals, besides the ones who provided assistance on my prior post. We caught some nice smallmouths, not the 100/day we had heard of, but enough 3-5 pound fish to keep us enthused. Mostly we fished in Anchor Bay, with one foray down to the Miles Road area, which was supposed to be the hot area. It wasn't for us. One thing we did learn down there was not to follow Google Maps to the 9th St. ramp. It lead us down a dead end street to a gated community. Fortunately, helpful residents who were used to the frequent lost trucks with boats, were most accommodating in opening the gate so that we didn't have to back out the twisting street.

9 mile rd dead ends into the lake with a boat launch... Not sure where you were.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Just got back as well fished all last week.
    Had the hundred fish days but had many large mouths mixed in as well. Fished mile roads vicinity. Water went from 57 to 65 in five days. Done better in size first of week. Many fish moving in and out to bed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    Skeeter Man, Bones, and I made our May 20-25 trip to St. Clair. We met lots of nice, helpful individuals, besides the ones who provided assistance on my prior post. We caught some nice smallmouths, not the 100/day we had heard of, but enough 3-5 pound fish to keep us enthused. Mostly we fished in Anchor Bay, with one foray down to the Miles Road area, which was supposed to be the hot area. It wasn't for us. One thing we did learn down there was not to follow Google Maps to the 9th St. ramp. It lead us down a dead end street to a gated community. Fortunately, helpful residents who were used to the frequent lost trucks with boats, were most accommodating in opening the gate so that we didn't have to back out the twisting street.
    LOL, it did the exact same thing to us, but I didn't bite. Google maps certainly lost its mind around there.

Our trip sounded very similar to yours.