Banned

I Wonder if Skeeter will Reply

Knowing that Skeeter does not deal with customers directly I sent them a little note on the Skeeter Customer Service web page. I am curious to see what the response may be.

Here is what I sent

I am writing for a friend of mine who is a senior and is not super comfortable with the use of computers. An old school man who respects the value of a handshake.

So after a lifetime of work he saved up and bought a brand new boat.
    A Skeeter WX fish ski multi species fishing boat so he would be more comfortable when he is enjoying his time on the water with friends and family.
    The joy of having a new boat has turned into sorrow and shame over the past two months.
    I have spent many hours helping him repair the never ending issues of the boat and trailer. Thankfully the outboard is a Japanese motor where pride in workmanship is still number one.
    I have been told that Skeeter Boat Company does not deal with customers and that the policy is to have the dealership handle all issues. Unfortunately the dealer in question is working hard to maintain a reputation of shoddy work and underhanded dealings. Something that is always heard from dissatisfied customers but when people are willing to drive 4 plus hours each way to another dealer for maintenance work you know there is an issue with the local dealer.
    So my question is how does a customer find the proper service and support for the issues on his new boat?

If that question can not be answered then what option does this man have?

How does Skeeter handle the "word of mouth advertising " that is being generated?
    Once a market is lost the cost of rebuilding a good reputation is very very expensive.

I leave this to you and I am looking forward to seeing your response

Dwayne

No one ever likes to take this route but with no other options

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Doubtful you'll get a response, but
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

4. Member
    That's awful, good luck! Makes me think a little different on my next boat purchase.

5. Member
    Curious which dealer that is.. PM if you don't want to post
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

6. Member
    I had a question and issue with my ZX225 and had no trouble what so ever getting Skeeter on the phone. If you call their customer service number and leave a message with your Hull ID and a return phone number, I’ve been called back twice. If you don’t get a response, call them.
    Jon Helmer Sulphur, La
    2020 Basscat Cougar 250 SHO

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhelmer View Post
    I had a question and issue with my ZX225 and had no trouble what so ever getting Skeeter on the phone. If you call their customer service number and leave a message with your Hull ID and a return phone number, I’ve been called back twice. If you don’t get a response, call them.
    The phone call was made, the response was "Thank you, we have noted your concerns, have a good day" click ......
    Not the response that was expected.

Found rusting lines under poor welds on the trailer that need to be repaired ASAP for safety sakes.
    From pride to discrace

8. Member
    If I was a betting man I would go with no reply, or if they do it will be of not much use. Too bad really that it has to be that way.

It's a brand new rig...I would have never touched it...I would have made the dealer take care of it...if not that dealer then make a 4 hour drive to another dealer...the man made a big investment in a very nice rig..they will make it right...maybe a bad dealer in your area if you say so but Skeeter isn't a bad company..they didn't get as big as they are by turning their backs on their customers or their dealers...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

10. Member
    I bought a new zx225. had some issues. called the dealer and made everything right.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andersondnb View Post
    I bought a new zx225. had some issues. called the dealer and made everything right.
    And that is the way it should be.

I’ve had several Skeeter boats and have had great service after the sale.
    I for one say pick a reputable dealer regardless of the drive time, pays off in the long run.
    Most dealers with poor service and poor rigging capabilities won’t last long in today’s market. On the other hand I wouldn’t do anything to anything I bought new with the issues you describe. It would go back immediately and if they were no help I’d find someone willing to help. I’m sure somewhere close to y’all there is a Skeeter Dealer that would help getting issues resolved. Finding the right dealer is key to having a pleasurable experience.
    Skeeter builds the best boat on the market IMHO.
    Little Boat Company from Kilgore TX has been around a few years, must be doing something right.
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

13. Banned
    Update......
    I did get a response to the customer service form I filled out.
    So I got the Skeeter Customer Service Rep to contact the owner by phone. They chatted for a while and the Service Rep said that they are discussing the issues with the powers to be.

When I get more information I will pass it along.
    Thank to all who have given their insight and support.

14. Banned
    An old saying goes "Silence is Golden"
    Well not when you are waiting for word on repairs and part replacement.
    For those with new Skeeter Trailers....
    Doulbe check the stair steps, majority of welds have let go on a 3 month old trailer... very dangerous

15. Member
    pics?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-wayne View Post
    An old saying goes "Silence is Golden"
    Well not when you are waiting for word on repairs and part replacement.
    For those with new Skeeter Trailers....
    Doulbe check the stair steps, majority of welds have let go on a 3 month old trailer... very dangerous
    I will check that. My 2018 ZX 225 is at the dealer now because of the trailer. It loads hard left every time. The bow hook will not meet the middle of the roller, it sits high and left every time. I measured the bunk risers and they are different heights, so not sure if that is it or not, but it is definitely not right. I remember someone else having a similar issue on here a while back and I believe he ended up with new trailer. Also, a nice chunk of gel is missing on the back end of the hambys, I would have never noticed that but I crawled under the boat to measure the bunk risers to see if they were what was causing the loading issue. Hope my issues get fixed, I do like the boat, but I damn sure don't want a bunch of issues to have to deal with.

You probably should write a letter, itemize all the problems and what you have done to repair them, detail the dates the boat has been in the shop, print it, attach copies of repair documents and pictures, and send to Skeeter Customer Service by "certified mail" with a return signature required, and insure the owner of the boat personally signs it. As expensive as these boats are, he should be able to get some legal relief if the owner is willing to push it. Verbal conversations always have a "he said, she said" factor if and when you get into a legal issue with a company.

18. Banned
    Actually we have discussed this with Skeeter rep in Texas over the phone a month ago. He said to pass all pictures to the dealer(oh man here we go again) and that he would get right back to us to get things looked after..... still waiting.
    Boy am I glad I went with BassCatBoats.

19. Member
    You need a new dealer. A good dealer will get you fixed up.