Bluetooth Talons Help

Got a pair of the new BT Talons, as well as the new version of the foot switch. Programmed everything, it worked great for a month...

Now, every time I go fishing, the remotes don't work. I re-pair them, and they work fine for the whole day. Then, next time out, nothing. I have to delete everything and re-pair the remotes. Same drill with the bluetooth on my phone. Could not get the Talons to pair with anything, or respond to the remotes or the phone app.

Re-did it all today, and the bluetooth worked. Re-paired the Talons, then re-paired the remotes. Everything worked fine. Turned the breaker off. Literally, six hours later, nothing. Remotes don't work and bluetooth won't connect.

BTW when I got the Talons and my phone to sync via bluetooth, it said the software was up to date on both, so no updates are available. When I did all of this, I was using wifi.

Is this a battery issue with the remotes, or something else? The batteries in the remotes are less than a month old. Using the buttons on the Talons, everything works fine.
    thenhbassmaster@gmail.com
    2008 Ranger Z520 - Yamaha Vmax Series 2 250 - Minn Kota - Lowrance

You may want to contact MK tech support. They've been one of the best companies I've ever dealt with.

3. Member
    Try turning power on and then press the talon selector button on a remote, when arrows light up it should be synced. That's what I do at least.
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

4. Member
    Customer service is great but I find it takes a brief moment once powered up for the remotes and talons to sync up.
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    I have noticed the same issue. There is no rhyme or reason....they just disconnect.

I seem to have the best results when using my Solix. The Solix seems to stay connected much better than the remotes and phone. One thing that seemed to help with my phone was to go to the Bluetooth setting first before opening the Talon app and making sure the Talon's were connected, then open the Talon app.

M

6. Member
    I make sure that I press the up button even though the talon is up when I put my boat in the water that tells me the removes are connected and working and makes a nice audible sound.
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

7. Banned
    I had to bend the tabs in my remotes for more contact to the battery and replace the batteries they came with on remotes and foot control... NEW

The tabs on the foot control were the worst and would not stay in contact.