618 / 150HO G2 Prop Help/ Confused

Posted this on the Phoenix Forum and thought I would cover all my bases. I have been watching other post's and just getting more confused. Boat came with 22 HO Raker and would only do 53-54 at 5900 or so. Great holeshot. Don't remember exactly.
Most guys seem to be running a 24 Tempest so I tried that. Holeshot was ok until I filled the wells, it slowed considerably and I had to have my partner jump on the front deck to
get it to pop over quicker. 59-60 at 6000 . Another gent on here was running a 26 Fury that he was saying he got 67-68 mph and great holeshot. Thought that
seemed to big of a wheel but had a buddy with a 25 he let me try so I figured what the heck, Got 57 with bad holeshot again and got only get it to 57-5800 rpm. I have 24V Ultrex with
3) 31 AGM's and 2) 8' Talons. Oh and an Atlas and played around with the P to P from 4 to 2 1/2. I was hoping for 62-63 at around 5800 RPM or so. I'm I being unrealistic in my expectations and just live with what I have or I'm I doing something wrong? Also, I have large opening plugs in the Tempest holes that I'm going to remove entirely and see if that
helps the Tempest Holeshot . Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks