Help me plan finger lakes trip

Hi all. I'm planning on going up that way. June 30 to July 2 or 3. Thinking about staying in different hotels and hitting a few lakes. Looking at Conesus, Cayuga and Sodus bay. Mainly bass fishing. Wouldn't mind a few walleye or even panfish. It's my wife and our 4 year old.
    Can anyone recommend a hotel with boat parking and maybe indoor pool?
    Should I look at other lakes?
    Any attractions I should see while there?
    Thanks, I'm open to any suggestions.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    all amazing lakes...enjoy trip

3. Member
    Conesus is an awesome lake to fish, incredibly healthy fish. Only problem is there is a Rodeway Inn at the top of the lake. That is only place near it unless you rent a house.

If you go to Cayuga there is a campground with a pool, very kid friendly, they rent cabins called Snedacres http://www.snedacres.com/home/new-york-home/ There also is a Microtel and Holiday Inn in Seneca Falls

Sodus Bay gonna be the same thing, some smaller motels, nothing big unless you go to Rochester area

4. Member
    If you look you could find a central hotel .. with all those lake with in a 45 mins from all..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

5. Member
    Sodus can get very busy during the summer. Sometimes you can’t get up on plane but there’s decent fishing. I’d recommend going to little sodus bay in fair haven. The town is absolutely amazing and the fishing is pretty good, it’s a lot smaller but with a 30mph speed limit it really cuts down on the amount of traffic. From there you can fish the bluffs, blind sodus and port bay. Awesome beach area I’m the state park for the wife and kids to relax, screwy Louis bait shop is great and stop by the fly by night cookie company on lake shore rd
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Check out Canandaigua NY. There’s a lot of hotels and plenty of things to do with family. Sodus Bay, Conesus and Cayuga are 30-45 minutes away.

7. Member
    Thanks for all the tips. I will check out little Sodus bay.
    We booked Newark garden Saturday night and Hampton Seneca falls Monday and Tuesday nights.

8. Member
    If you stay in Canandaigua, Honeoye is only about 15- 20 minutes away. Smaller Finger Lake, not your biggest trophy lake, but the numbers can sometimes be crazy. If your wife and 4 yr old are into fishing, this can be a fun day. i know it's that time of year when anything works, but my wife and I went out for a little more that 3 hrs on the holiday. I kid you not, I caught between 30 and 40 bass with a mix of LMB and SMB. It was almost laughable that every single cast for 25 minutes hooked up. That had to be the biggest single school of fish I've ever encountered. My wife was amazed, although I played it casual....

9. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Thanks for all the tips. I will check out little Sodus bay.
    We booked Newark garden Saturday night and Hampton Seneca falls Monday and Tuesday nights.
    Newark garden? Is that in Newark? I know of one hotel in Newark, drive by it all the time but never knew the name.... lol PM me. Maybe you donbt even have to drive to sodus to catch fish. The canal is right there and you will whack fish all day long.

10. Member
    This is just my opinion. I live the next town over from Newark and that hotel is kinda crappy. There’s really nothing to do in that area besides Walmart. Any hotel in Cananadaguia would be much better. There’s a water park and shopping for the wife. Like Jerzis said Honeoye is a fun little lake which is kinda by Conesus.

11. Member
    Unfortunately I can find a hotel in Canandaigua for Sat night. The Hampton inn was over double price compared to Sunday and Monday. The Newark place looks like it has a big parking lot. Only 1 night. I'll keep looking though.

Just found that Conesus has a speed limit. 45?

12. Member
    I've been WOT on Conesus, and Honeoye a bunch of times

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Unfortunately I can find a hotel in Canandaigua for Sat night. The Hampton inn was over double price compared to Sunday and Monday. The Newark place looks like it has a big parking lot. Only 1 night. I'll keep looking though.

Just found that Conesus has a speed limit. 45?
    It does indeed, and you WILL get a ticket. Not a big deal though, the lake is small and 45 will get you where you need to go in a quick way. They have an open team tourney every Tuesday night. The sheriff waits around the first point at blastoff, and always snares someone.

14. Member
    Just wanted to post a report of our trip. Was there Sat June 30 through July 3. The heat wave.
    Visited Letchworth state park Saturday morning. Awesome place. Awesome views. Didn't stay long hope to get back soon. Drove back roads to Conesus. Fished from 1 to 7. Caught a smallmouth and a few largemouth and a Pike. Lost a couple good ones dock fishing. Lake was busy and we went swimming a few times.
    Went to little Sodus bay Sunday. The Newark garden hotel is really bad as mentioned above. Started fishing at 730. Caught a 3.5 smallie on first drop. Caught several more along with some rock bass. Motor died at noon. Got towed in by an awesome family. It was a blown fuse. We went and saw Taughannock Falls in the evening. Cool place walked the lower path.
    Fished Monday 9 to 3 and Tuesday 8 to 5 at Cayuga. Struggled for the most part. Lost a really good one on a chatterbait. Wife caught a nice 3.5 and my 4 year old caught a bunch of bluegill. Found a few nice sandbars for swimming.
    Thanks to all for the advice and the PM's. We want to return again. Hopefully the hot weather had more to do with the fishing then my lack of skills. Beautiful scenery and everyone we met was extremely nice.