Question Best Screen Protector For Solix

Looking to put a screen protector on my 12” Solix anyone have one on theirs?

What are you using and does it affect the image or touch screen?
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Looking to put a screen protector on my 12” Solix anyone have one on theirs?

What are you using and does it affect the image or touch screen?
    I preordered graphglass…………………..have not received them yet so I don't know what they will be like.

https://graphglass.com/products/preo...glass-solix-15

Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I preordered graphglass…………………..have not received them yet so I don't know what they will be like.

I watched the installation video and an "alcohol wipe" is used to clean the screen prior to installation. Alcohol on a screen with anti-glare coating is what NOT to use. Wonder if it is really alcohol or some other cleaner?

AND at the end of the video, when zoomed in, the screen looked like a mirror--------been there, done that, with another "screen protector" that was supposedly anti-glare.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member

If this does what it claims that will be amazing. I don't expect you to whack it with a 1 ounce jig but please report on the glare that I see on the video's. Is that glossy screen ok to use in direct sun? I hope it works as advertised. Hard for me to believe a thin flexible substance can prevent damage to the glass under it. But who knows things amaze me daily. Hope it works for you. Let us know. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I watched the installation video and an "alcohol wipe" is used to clean the screen prior to installation. Alcohol on a screen with anti-glare coating is what NOT to use. Wonder if it is really alcohol or some other cleaner?

AND at the end of the video, when zoomed in, the screen looked like a mirror--------been there, done that, with another "screen protector" that was supposedly anti-glare.
    Not to mention its glass and how can this work with a touch screen

I was thinking of getting a anti glare film meant for a larger PC monitor and just cutting it down to size
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    There are smart phone protectors that use similar products. Touch works and they are glass. As for other screen protectors with anti glare but do not appear clear in direct sun. At least the 2 I tried. You have to clean them also. Bob

7. Banned
    I put GraphGlass on 3 Helix 10's and love them. Some glare but minor, and they clean with just a wipe. Hope that helps

8. Member
    You havn't given them a wack with a jig yet have you? The easy cleaning sounds good though. My new cell phone has that type of surface and it cleans beautifully. Bob

9. Banned
    Wack with a jig nope, but better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. It's cheat insurance

10. Banned
    The best would be none

11. Member

For me, I put them on my Solix 12’s, launched the boat jumped on plane headed towards the sun and they weren’t to bad, started idling around and as soon as the sun was at my back the screens were practically unviewable. I removed them shortly after
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

12. Member
    I also tried graph glass on my solix units. I had them removed within the first hour on the water. Very difficult to see in the sun.

13. Member
    I bought them for the supposed screen protection (from lures). I intend to build a kydex sun visor for mine for any glare issues.