Plz any insight on 95 Cajun 160 Pro

Afternoon all,

I am not only new to this forum, but new to boats in general. I may be getting a 1995 Cajun 160pro tomorrow. I am wondering if anyone can give me any input you might have on these boats. The boat looks great, was winterized and has sat for two years. I am getting a great deal on it so I don't mind putting a little money to tune her up and what not. I am wondering, are these typically fast enough/able to tow a tube or water skis? I see they have been discontinued... but I read reviews and I see mostly positive. Thanks in advance to anyone with some input!

I own a 91 Cajun Pro Sport with a Mercury xr4 150 and use mine for fishing. I have never pulled a skier or tube but i imagine it would with no problem. If i am not mistaken they were built in Winnsboro Louisiana by a local business there and then bought out by the Genmar Corp. The boats were solid and most cajun owners really enjoy their boats.
    It is what it is

3. Member
    I have a Cajun 1995 XL 18ft 6 in. with a 130 HP johnson. I installed a towing pylon to my boat and with a 19 pitch prop, it works pretty good.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

4. Member
    I've towed with mine many times when the boys were still around, I also have a towing pylon. Speed is not the issue unless you're barefoot skiing. You probably need a lower pitched prop for a quicker hole shot with the added load. You never mentioned whats on the boat.