Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motormate on the 250 4 stroke

Is the spread on the trim cylinders the same as the 2 strokes?

2. mikesxpress
    No. Different configuration.

3. Member
    I was wondering the same thing. If it is in fact different, what is everyone using to support the motor while trailering?

On traditional Verado I use the built in trailing bracket, and MY WEDGE blocks too.
    On new v8 motors they look like the MY WEDGE will work. Also I think again I think they have the trailing bracket
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

5. Member
    I don't think there is a trailing bracket, one is not shown in the owners manual and I don't remember seeing one on the motor. I will check on Tuesday when I go to the marina.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jchips View Post
    Is the spread on the trim cylinders the same as the 2 strokes?
    Depends on WHICH 250 Fourstroke we are discussing. CMS or AMS midsection?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Depends on WHICH 250 Fourstroke we are discussing. CMS or AMS midsection?
    Good afternoon Don,

I have a 300 ProXS 4 stroke V8 on order with the CMS mid.
    Do you know if I will be able to use the motor mate I had for my 250 Pro XS 4 stroke.

Sorry I don't have the serial # of the new motor. I am told it will arrive in the next week.

Thanks.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I understand that a different pattern will be required for that engine- though I have not personally confirmed the information via measurements.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Thanks Don, I guess I'll find out for sure when I pick it up. I'll pick up a traditional transom saver just in case.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just looked up the drawings- cannot use the current Motormate product (will require a new design). The lower mount nuts are not exposed (at all)... they're under the lower chaps.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Just looked up the drawings- cannot use the current Motormate product (will require a new design). The lower mount nuts are not exposed (at all)... they're under the lower chaps.
    So will a Lou’s Motor toter work?

12. Member
    According to Don's reply, no. The lower mount nuts are covered by the chaps. Same reason a motor mate won't work.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Correct.

There is an arm-style support up high (not really going to help a lot, however).

The sleeve-style supports "should" work, if used in PAIRS.

14. Member
    So I’m gonna bring this back to life.. Does anyone have any insight on what kind of motor support will work with the New four stroke pro XS models?

15. Member
    I ended up with the TH marine Motor sticks. As Don advised, the motor mate DOES NOT work on my new 300 V8 4 stroke. The yoke part with the pins does fit in between the supports on the transom side, but there is nothing on the mid section to rest the other end on.

16. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfish View Post
    I ended up with the TH marine Motor sticks. As Don advised, the motor mate DOES NOT work on my new 300 V8 4 stroke. The yoke part with the pins does fit in between the supports on the transom side, but there is nothing on the mid section to rest the other end on.
    Do you have a 300 Pro XS four stroke with standard mid section? A T-H website review for these said they were too long??
    Please post a couple picures with the supports installed. You also got steering clips?

17. Member
    Yes I have a 2018 300 ProXS V8 4 stroke with CMS (conventional mid section). The Motor Stik fits fine. I also got the steering stops. I will head out to the garage and take a pic.

18. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

19. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

I ordered a pair of stix today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast