1988 Venture 150 Mercury

I bought a truck and boat package... The previous owner said ran great. It does alright but I'm having a few issues. It wont stay running at idle, and I have to full throttle to keep it going. When I stop it will die and then I can smell some fuel, so I'm thinking it's a fuel line sucking air possibly.

2. Member
    Also, does anyone have a picture of what these toggle switches control. Any help would be appreciated. I cant upload pictures but they are the switches to the right of the steering wheel and also the ones on the front

Try posting your motor question here.. but first look through all the great info in the top portion of the forum, these are commonly called the pinned post. Once you decide to post make sure you add your full serial number..

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

4. Member
    Try changing spark plugs, run some fuel system cleaner through it (Seafoam or Mercury quickleen), fresh gas.

And see if this helps the issue at all.

5. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    check the bloodline hoses going to each cylinder...........roughly 1/8 OD lines that fit onto a nipple on the block at each cylinder.............I owned the Mariner version of that engine for 14 years and these hoses leaked frequently
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------