I screwed up today....

So I bought a new Merc 200 Pro XS from Jacos to re power my 2000 TR-20 which will be installed this week by Mare in Fredericksburg. The old 2000 Merc 200 EFI still runs good and Richard at Mare had said he would check it out when they did the swap and possibly buy it. So I'm loading it on the trailer today and the tide was running hard and I get kinda cockeyed on the trailer and I put in reverse to back off again gassing it kinda hard then threw it in forward kind of aggressively while it was still revving and heard a clank and have no forwrard gear. Put back into reverse and now it's stuck there. Turned the engine off and loaded with the trolling motor which was a trick with the hard incoming tide. What kinda damage did I do? Should I fix it and sell it if compression is good? Part it out? The new motor is bought and paid for. I was just hoping to get enough out of the old motor to pay for rigging and maybe a new prop.

No telling what you did to the lower without opening it and inspecting it. Could have just broke the tit off the shift mechanism (no big deal) Would be more valuable with a good lower unit on it though!

3. Member
    Thanks for the input. I'll find out soon enough.

4. Member
    open er up /hopefully no big deal
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................