Tony C

Lake Champlain northern part of lake

Fishing is getting good on the northern part of the lake. Spinnerbait bite was hot yesterday. Got many in the 3-4 pound range, they were choking in down. Back marsh water temps were 62-63 degrees. Main lake water temps were from 53-57.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

2. Member
    How's the water level

3. Tony C
    Water level is fine, normal pool for this time of year. Right at 98.2 feet today.

4. Member
    So no picnic table flipping pattern this spring then .darn lol

5. Member
    Thanks for the report. Were you targeting green or brown ones? Heading up there next weekend for 3 days of fishing. Hoping the smallies are on fire.

6. Member
    What about the spawn up there? I'm coming up from Ohio for the Costa, never been there, really looking forward to it.

7. Tony C
    I was targeting both type. Started off throwing a spinerbait in tight to brush and grass. Then switched to a wacky senko, baby bass color. Targeted rock and rip rap for the brown fish. Saw tons of cruisers! Things are going to get real interesting if the weather stays stable.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyc View Post
    I was targeting both type. Started off throwing a spinerbait in tight to brush and grass. Then switched to a wacky senko, baby bass color. Targeted rock and rip rap for the brown fish. Saw tons of cruisers! Things are going to get real interesting if the weather stays stable.
    Nice. Thanks for the info.