Fuel fill mod post?

I'm tired of it taking 20 minutes to fill my tank. What were the modifications to the fuel vent hose you did to solve that? I can't find the old post that had pictures. I like pictures.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

I was going to move my intake port on my 2014 920 until I found a plastic tank in my boat. I was so hoping that I had an aluminum tank...... didn't get so lucky. Had I had the aluminum tank I was going to cut off the original fill port and move it to the side of the tank.... The problem is,,,,, the fill hose is almost 4 feet long and it lays horizontally from the fill port on the tank to the fill port on the boat. Liquids like to run down hill and they move very slowly when traveling on a flat or even slightly sagging surface or hose. This is one complaint Phoenix boats has been getting for years now and they still haven't done anything to really help with this problem.

A second idea I have thought about is adding a thicker bunk board on one side of the trailer, so that the boat sits at a leaning angle. This would work, but look kinda awkward going down the road.

When filling my 920 when empty it will take at least 20 minutes at the pump and I'm always prepared to get gas puked out on me and the boat.....

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    I'm tired of it taking 20 minutes to fill my tank. What were the modifications to the fuel vent hose you did to solve that? I can't find the old post that had pictures. I like pictures.
    I forget, what year is yours? I can did up some pics, and links.

here are a few pics and a place to get fittings http://myphoenixboat.com/bird/viewto...4&p=1083#p1083
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 05-27-2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: shared pics
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    have you tried pumping with the nozzle upside down? works for me.

5. Member

Drewtick, it's a 2015.
    1fejj, it flows with the nozzle upside down but not much faster.
    What really sucks is I need to wake up a half hour earlier if I plan on getting gas on my way to fish a tournament.
    Phoenix919proxp, So changing out the vapor canister to straight hose does the trick?
    How do I remove the seats again? Pull the center cushions out and access screws? The poke around to find the screws to the gas tank cover? Are some of those on the deck area as well?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    There is about 4 screws on both sides of the top piece....i had to remove the whole seat to access them.....pull the bottom seat cushion out and then unscrew seat.....should be able to feel the screw heads in the carpet....also should be equidistance from each other.......

http://myphoenixboat.com/bird/viewto...4&p=1083#p1083
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    There is an easy fix. Just turn the handle upside down and play around with how far in. I can run any pump wide open and no cutting off or gas out on me till I overfill it

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    Drewtick, it's a 2015.
    1fejj, it flows with the nozzle upside down but not much faster.
    What really sucks is I need to wake up a half hour earlier if I plan on getting gas on my way to fish a tournament.
    Phoenix919proxp, So changing out the vapor canister to straight hose does the trick?
    How do I remove the seats again? Pull the center cushions out and access screws? The poke around to find the screws to the gas tank cover? Are some of those on the deck area as well?
    Looks like fishin Couillon answered how to get the seats off and the deck lid. I never had a problem with mine filling, but that was the cure at the time that seemed to work for best. My dealer told me about it as well, but like I said I've never had a problem.

10. Banned
    Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have filled mine up with no issues. It's a 2018 so maybe they changed something.

11. Member
    quess im lucky mine works fine
    TrackerUser

12. Member
    My 2014 is not to bad to fill, but im changing to new canister and changing out the coupler
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

13. Member
    My 18 was miserable at first now it's slot better. Handle upside down helps alot. Still irritating when I'm just pumping along and it gets to 90 percent full and fuel comes flying out like a fire house at me. Oh well

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyBug View Post
    Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have filled mine up with no issues. It's a 2018 so maybe they changed something.
    they did, I have not had any issues with my 2018 and dealer told me what they changed but I can’t remember
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Member
    My 2016 fills fine. I read somewhere on BBC that the fuel hose may be to long and have to much of a bend in it.