Mizzou Dept of Conservation......

Revokes hunting licenses of child support violators.... fantastic idea...needs to be Nationwide....

JEFFERSON CITY — Several Missourians will not not be able to hunt or fish after having their licenses taken away.

Dept. of Conservation revokes hundreds of hunting, fishing licenses
    by Greg Dailey

Friday, May 25th 2018

Several Missourians had their hunting and fishing privileges revoked. (MGN Online)

JEFFERSON CITY — Several Missourians will not not be able to hunt or fish after having their licenses taken away.

The Missouri Department of Conservation commission approved revoking or suspending hunting and fishing privileges to 285 individuals not in compliance with applicable child support laws.

The commission also approved revoking hunting, fishing and trapping priveleges for 293 inidividuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact, a release stated.
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

While this is a good thing I feel that if these people get their hunting or fishing privileges taken away they will probably just partake illegally.
    LET'S GO BLUES!!! WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Dude 365 View Post
    While this is a good thing I feel that if these people get their hunting or fishing privileges taken away they will probably just partake illegally.
    This is what will happen. Knew several guys in the 70's and 80's that had child support payments. Some did with out, worked extra or another job to make payments, others skipped out to keep from making payments.

4. Member
    In a way I agree with the State. In other ways, I feel for the guy/gal that can't afford to meet the payments, but still wants to go fishing even though they are broke. I guess the idea is if you got time to fish, you got time to work.

If you think Missouri is tough, check Texas... you can't even register a car, get a drivers license, insure a vehicle, or buy a hunting and fishing license...the list goes on.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

6. Member
    I agree with the idea but in the real world can't see it making a difference, if they don't think enough of their kids to pay support why would they care if they have a hunting or fishing license?

Quote Originally Posted by kyelkhunter View Post
    I agree with the idea but in the real world can't see it making a difference, if they don't think enough of their kids to pay support why would they care if they have a hunting or fishing license?
    +1^^^^
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

Great idea !
    At least thier doing something.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    If you think Missouri is tough, check Texas... you can't even register a car, get a drivers license, insure a vehicle, or buy a hunting and fishing license...the list goes on.

i like it
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Proud of that...any able bodied man who doesn't help with his kids is a pathetic loser. Same with a woman if the Dad has custody.

11. Member
    Sounds like a good start but I hope they build in provisions for common sense too. I know of several cases where the dad was a good guy trying to do the right thing but getting screwed by the system. For example, one guy I worked was having his child support voluntarily deducted from his pay and sent to his ex. Company got into financial trouble and stopped forwarding payments in the weeks before filing bankruptcy. We all lost our jobs but coworker was on the hook for being a deadbeat dad and forced to repay the missed payments (NOTHING happened to the scum running the company). Another guy I know had his ex basically steal the house from him during divorce proceedings. He moved out but was giving her money for kids and mortgage, they were supposed to sell the house and split the equity. But she worked for a bankruptcy lawyer so figured out a way to pocket the mortgage money, let it go into foreclosure, and then get it back for a song right after the divorce was finalized. He lost the money he was going to use to help pay child support while still having enough to live on.

So anyway, I'm just telling stories here but my point is that not every single guy behind on child support is a creep. I'm sure the majority are but it would be nice for a law to be written so as to be able to apply common sense to the situation

12. Member
    The spirit of the measure is good, in my opinion. I applaud the state for taking a stand, it needs to done on many fronts. And, I agree, there are no doubt circumstances that make things appear as they are not. Hopefully those can be resolved in good form. You make laws to cover the crux of the matter, you can never account for all the scenarios and exceptions. Still you must make a stand on issues, or go away.