Thread: trim problem

trim problem

Loaded the boat trimmed up pulled out. Went to open the plug and the trim motor was still running. Tried all the trim switches blinker shifter and motor none seems to be stuck. Finally pulled the battery cable. Need some help. Thanks. Its a 06 225 opti max.
    Last edited by amistad jerry; 05-25-2018 at 05:14 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please review the Announcements at the top of the Forum (required info).

Check bow and cowling switches first- moisture can cause problems with any switch of course.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Could be a bad switch. First check you trolling motor cord and make sure it is not on the front switch....ask me how I know. Then make sure water did not get into the switch. Now you have three switch's. Unplug then one at a time ........Last you could have a bad relay - there are 2 of them. Unplug them - one at a time.
    Report back.

4. Member
    Thanks.

5. Member
    Found out when getting out on to the trailer I must have pulled the locator cable under the bow trim switch. Thanks transdep1.