H20 Bay 115 Sho Prop?

Has anyone tried the Mercury
    Vengeance prop on these boat motor combo. I have the Powertech 19 pitch on it from the dealer, and when I start trimming the motor it starts blowing out immediately, I also have a 6in hydraulic jackplate that I haven't even started to play with yet.

2. Member
    Eric, I just bought a 22’ bay with the 175sho. Funny thing is it came with a 19 pitch power tech also. You would think there would be a pitch difference between a 115/175. I have to make a change. Just to figure out what to go with

3. Member
    That strange, I would have thought there would be a difference as well. My prop has my rpm at 6k to6100 at wide open, but when I start triming the motor up to get rhe boat on top of the water it starts blowing out. I dont feel like the prop offers much lift.

4. Member
    Lots of different PowerTech props that fit that motor, any ideas, part numbers, to help us figure out which one you have?

I have an Excel, very similar to your H20b and the gray version of your motor, I have had fits trying to find a prop that will perform and allow the motor to spin up close to 6,300 RPM.

Currently running a Turbo1 17p by Precision Propellers (owned by Yamaha), holds tight trimmed up and at quite high jackplate settings, however, I can only spin up to 5,500 RPMs at around 42 mph. My local prop guy says his entire stock of PPI props is sold out and has been on back order for a year or so.

Be advised, one 17p prop can be VERY different from another 17p prop, make sure to buy one and have the ability to swap around until you find one you like.

Probably more info than you wanted.

5. Member
    PTR3R19PYM90 is what is on my prop that’s on the motor now. Local prop shop suggested adding some cup to it, also said I could try out some others to see if I found something I like better. Was trying to find out what everyone else was running to get and idea.

6. Member
    I just ordered a TrophyPlus 19p. Hopefully it will do the trick.

7. Member
    I have the same setup and going to try a 17P trophy plus...I run a pretty full load so going to see how it runs. May work it to an 18P if it revs too high. Currently have the PTR 19P powertech that came stock, seems like a dog to me.