Thread: frustrating.

frustrating.

Picked the boat up from the dealer after annual maintenance. Was taking the wife after shell crackers. Well, when we got to the water I found a dead boat. Someone left the power switch turned on. That is a bit frustrating. Decided to fish from the bank at Lick Creek with a small zebco and cut night crawlers for red ear. The results.
    20180525_110825 by mikesgm, on Flickr

20180525_111502 by mikesgm, on Flickr

Last week I fished Kentucky lake out of my phoenix 920. Caught one keeper in 7 hours. Caught these plus some more bluegills in 2 hours. For a few hours I was 12 years old fishing the ponds back home. Life is good.
    Mike

At least you made the best of it , and its always better than working
    HARD WORK BUILDS CHARACTER

3. Member
    You haven't lived until you have a dead battery, plug wires disconnected, and a broken (physically) temp switch.
    This was done during a warranty fix on the boat, not the motor.

4. Banned
    I highly recommend one of the portable lithium ion booster packs. I bought mine for $70 at Walmart and keep it in my truck. Check the charge on it every 30 days. Says it will jump a V8 engine. I used it on a friend's Yamaha 115 and it worked like a charm.

Looks like the back up plan worked. Sucks they left the key on though.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    I highly recommend one of the portable lithium ion booster packs. I bought mine for $70 at Walmart and keep it in my truck. Check the charge on it every 30 days. Says it will jump a V8 engine. I used it on a friend's Yamaha 115 and it worked like a charm.
    I have one of those but decided not to use it. With the wife along we were staying around Lick creek. Didn't want to take the chance and get out there only to find out the booster pack would not start the motor again. Not sure how many starts there is in one pack. If i was making a big run then I think the main motor recharges the system.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    I have one of those but decided not to use it. With the wife along we were staying around Lick creek. Didn't want to take the chance and get out there only to find out the booster pack would not start the motor again. Not sure how many starts there is in one pack. If i was making a big run then I think the main motor recharges the system.
    I'm not sure how many starts are in the pack either. The time I used it and it started the boat I wasn't riding with him. I can't say if he had trouble later. You've made me think....maybe I should have 2!

8. Member
    I'm not sure how many starts are in the pack either. The time I used it and it started the boat I wasn't riding with him. I can't say if he had trouble later. You've made me think....maybe I should have 2!
    Most of the battery packs will do 4 to 6 jumps! They are a fine thing to have! Handy as pocket on shirt!

9. Member
    Lemonade out of lemons, good on ya!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    Most of the battery packs will do 4 to 6 jumps! They are a fine thing to have! Handy as pocket on shirt!

Good to know! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Last week I fished Kentucky lake out of my phoenix 920. Caught one keeper in 7 hours. Caught these plus some more bluegills in 2 hours. For a few hours I was 12 years old fishing the ponds back home. Life is good.
    Mike
    me and the misses went yesterday, then i cleaned fish
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

12. Member
    Love catching bull gills.
    Praying for a Cure

13. Member
    I have a lithium ion jumper pack, but also keep a set of jumper cables. Easy to jump off one of the trolling motor batteries.