Thread: New adventure

New adventure

We just bought a 2018 Jayco SLX 245 RLS:

We have never done any RVing but most of my wife's friends are really into it. It is nice to see her getting really excited about it. We have a lot to learn, but we have some good friends to help us out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Banned
    I bet y'all will love the RV lifestyle,since you have friends to go camping with,and also to learn from.It can be addicting we started back in 2001 and still love it.

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Congrats!!!!! Had a look at the floorplan and it looks like a nice, comfy place to hang out in. Hope you and your wife enjoy it.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Congrats.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

That's a nice rig !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Congrats!!!!! Had a look at the floorplan and it looks like a nice, comfy place to hang out in. Hope you and your wife enjoy it.
    There were a lot of things that made this one work so well for us. We are both pretty hefty folks and some of the RVs had the toilets in such a tight area that they would not be easy to use. This one had plenty of space.

We both use a CPAP and this one has night stands on both sides of the bed with electrical outlets.

The tires are Goodyear Endurance: made in America and load range D. I have them on my boat trailer.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Enjoy
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Lawd have mercy, this is getting expensive!!! My lady has been told by her buddies that we must have a mat to go under the awning and it must be as wide as the awning (16 feet), so off to Camping World this morning to get one: $80. I did not realize that a surge protector was such a big deal. There is another $100. Had to get that slinky looking thing to support the black water drain hose. Oh yeah, I have to buy a separate water hose to use to flush the black water tank and a special drinking water hose plus a water filter. Don't want to forget the brass L fitting for the city water connection.

It's all good, though. I haven't seen my wife so excited about anything in years. She is planning for us to take a trip this Fall to Waco, Texas to visit Chip and Joanna Gaines' place.

9. Banned
    Camping World is a pricey store.I bought one of those mats for around $50 at Walmart.Shopping online for RV stuff can be found cheaper than camping world,I quit using them years ago.I use google search then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by riverc View Post
    Camping World is a pricey store.I bought one of those mats for around $50 at Walmart.Shopping online for RV stuff can be found cheaper than camping world,I quit using them years ago.I use google search then go from there.
    I bought a few more things at Walmart this morning: another 10 feet of sewer hose, a water filter, a Rhino Blaster to clean the black water tank and a garden hose specifically for that use, and a 30 amp to 15 amp adapter. I think we have the major outlays done.

11. Member
    Congratulations! You will enjoy it and you chose a great one with Jayco. I have had seven different campers and the Jayco I have now is my favorite, better quality and workmanship!

12. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    I bought a few more things at Walmart this morning: another 10 feet of sewer hose, a water filter, a Rhino Blaster to clean the black water tank and a garden hose specifically for that use, and a 30 amp to 15 amp adapter. I think we have the major outlays done.
    If you don't have a water pressure regulator, you'll want one of those too. We have the one that's adjustable and has the gauge on it.

Wait until you setup at a place that won't let you use your new mat because it kills the grass.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

13. Banned
    We have been RVing since 1995. I brought our original travel trailer home once to get the fridge rebuilt. And I took the trailer back to the Northeast Georgia mountains by the way of a Talladega 500 race.

We bought a new Brand Design Reflection 36 foot bunk house fifth wheel 3 years ago. And it has never been out of our member owned campground. We are indeed spoiled.

14. Member
    Rv sounds expensive

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakalong View Post
    Rv sounds expensive
    No more so than any other adult hobby. Compare a RV to a new Boat, and see which on is cheaper!!