Thumbs Up Looks like a great weekend to clean up my boat

The weather here is supposed to be just about a mile south of horrible this holiday weekend. 2-4" of rain from tonight through Memorial day. I'll be spit shining on my boat and trailer....bored to death. I have 2 props I really want to try out. Megaprop from Whiplash...29" Hydro that ran 95+ on his boat, and a 30" hydro from Big E Skeen. I like seeing how the different props change the performance of a boat. I'm pretty happy with the 27 and the 29 that I own but props to a fast boat guy is like shoes to a woman. Can't have too many.

2. Member
    You be careful with that 29 Hydro young man. It turns fast. WOODY WHIPLASH

3. Member
    Mine is tucked away in the garage & I’m out stomping around the west coast in new territory for me. Guess we picked a decent week to travel here. Seth is asking about our trip to hang out with you - this rain may make the water a little less than great in the near future.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Mine is tucked away in the garage & I’m out stomping around the west coast in new territory for me. Guess we picked a decent week to travel here. Seth is asking about our trip to hang out with you - this rain may make the water a little less than great in the near future.
    Tell Seth it looks like the 3rd week in July will be we gather to run Ally's and try out props. Oh, and to catch some giant smallies too!

5. Member
    Ok. Results from prop testing yesterday. 30" Quad IV. I was only able to spin it 5650 rpms, but at 4K rpms I was moving along at 60 mph. I was 1/4" above pad and trimmed just above neutral trim. Top speed was 91.6 but it was hotter than blazes and humid. I think in the winter this prop, with about 1/2" taken off the pitch and 1/4" off the flare will be great. Thanks Eric Skeen. Whiplash's 29 Quad IV Hydromotive ran almost identical to mine. 6K rpms, 3/4" above pad, 20 psi WP, 92.7 mph. Crazy how touch my boat is to WP. Touch the jack plate and the WP goes extreme one way or the other. Thanks Woody. Then I bolted my 27" Hydro on. Wow! what a hole shot. Top end 87, 6100 rpms, 25 psi WP (I like to bury the jack a little on this prop for tight turn security) and I was at 7 on the trim. Based on all the runs I made I found out that any and all these props will do a great job if vented right and in the right weather. For now, I'll keep my little 27 bolted on. That's a fishing man's dream. I doubt very seriously that anybody will kill me on hole shot when I have that little babe on the back. If I could get the 29's and 30 to jump outta the hole like th3e 27" I'd have something sure enough.

6. Member
    He’s sitting on go! He drove mine 79 last week on a curvy river so he’s looking to learn to to stretch it out a little more. It’s in his blood.

We’re looking forward to it.
    Last edited by JOEALLY; 05-29-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Looks like we dodged a bullet with this storm. In silverhill I hardly even got any rain. Maybe you can run one evening this week and be sure to post the results.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

8. Member
    He’s sitting on go! He drove mine 79 last week on a curvy river so he’s looking learn to to stretch it out a little more. It’s in his blood.

He's looking like a driver to me Joe.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    Looks like we dodged a bullet with this storm. In silverhill I hardly even got any rain. Maybe you can run one evening this week and be sure to post the results.
    Did Baldwin county get much total rain from the storm? We’re still out of state.

NO not really. I got like 3/4 of an inch.
    Did Baldwin county get much total rain from the storm? We’re still out of state.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

11. Member
    Johnny you wouldn’t be wanting to sell that 27 would you. It seems I made a mistake last year

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Johnny you wouldn’t be wanting to sell that 27 would you. It seems I made a mistake last year
    I love this little 27 too much to turn loose of it. Joe's 27 TXP is the sweetest running 27 I've had bolted on in a long time though.

13. Member
    He’s sitting on go! He drove mine 79 last week on a curvy river so he’s looking to learn to to stretch it out a little more. It’s in his blood.

Yeah, he got it honest. I remember him driving your 2003 when he could barely reach the pedals. Now he's taller than ole dad.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamacj View Post
    Yeah, he got it honest. I remember him driving your 2003 when he could barely reach the pedals. Now he's taller than ole dad.
    You’re right Joe!

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0