Manually Retract Talon?

Not that I ever want to have to, But if I am out and my new 12' Talon will not come up I have heard I can manually retract it but I do not know how?

Also, on first deployment and retract only when It was back to fully stowed it was beeping a few times. What is that about? It went away and never did it again I just want to know what the beeping means.

Thanks

I have the Gen 1 Talons. There's a nut on the top "side" of the housing. There is a sticker that shows which direction it needs to be turned to retract the Talon manually. I carry a socket wrench and correct sockets to retract or remove the Talon if need be. Just make sure you turn the nut in the correct direction.

Not familiar with the new models regarding the beeping.

Ernie

3. Member
    On the side of the black plastic cover there is a little rubber piece sticking out. That's a little cover piece over the part you put the wrench on. I'm not sure on the beeps unless you might have hit the up button after they were up.

4. Member
    The Talon has to be put in manual retract mode first.

5. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoucher12 View Post
    Not that I ever want to have to, But if I am out and my new 12' Talon will not come up I have heard I can manually retract it but I do not know how?

Also, on first deployment and retract only when It was back to fully stowed it was beeping a few times. What is that about? It went away and never did it again I just want to know what the beeping means.

Thanks
    The beeping is because there is too much current or wind pushing on the Talon for it to retract. Just back up a little to take the pressure off with TM or big motor.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamacat View Post
    The beeping is because there is too much current or wind pushing on the Talon for it to retract. Just back up a little to take the pressure off with TM or big motor.
    This happens to me all the time. I didn’t know that was the cause...

7. Member
    How you put in manual retract?

8. Member
    The instructions are in the remote manual. This is for the new generation only.

9. Member
    The Talons also beep the first time you use them since they've been powered up. So, if you kill your "master" power switch after your done fishing then then the next time you turn your power switch on they beep but no more.