2000 Ranger Comanche 518 VS recessed foot pedal tray install

Friends and Fellow Fisherman,

I am looking to install a recessed foot tray in my 2000 Ranger Comanche and was wondering if anyone else did this. If so is there any structure to be aware of below before I cut such as a center support beam etc.??? I don't have a layout of the boat so I am not sure what is under the area where I want to install this tray which will be centered on the front deck in front of the seat of course. Please let me know what yawl know when you can thank you in advance :)

BigBellyBassn

2. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    Mine’s a VX but here is how I did it: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....referrerid=495
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

3. Member
    I followed Pete’s instructions and it worked out great!

4. Member
    Just did this on my 1999. You'll have to cut into the back portion of the front compartment, but not a big deal and doesn't cause any issues. Cutting out the foam was a PITA, but still a DIY project for sure. I ended using a sawzall for most of this work which seemed easier to me. At the end of the day, I'm definitely glad that I installed it.

5. Member
    Did mine that is a 519vx 04 and had to notch out a piece of the front middle compartmeant, not hard to do but getting up the nerve to start cutting on the deck was nerve racking. Oh plus digging out the foam that stuff is like a rock but glade I did it!

BigBelly, how’d the install go?
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)