Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Still don't get it. What ever happened to communication? After day 2 weigh in, or, before day 3 blast off, the 2 anglers had plenty of opportunity to talk about that ledge, voice their opinions, prior to them racing to the ledge, and having that situation unfold..... They have known each other for 20 years, communicate and avoid what happened.
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

2. Member
    I am just getting back into fishing after 20 years and don't know much about this guy but after reading his apology I found it to be very sincere. The fact that he took time out to address the situation shows it clearly mattered to him on how he handled the situation, the good and the bad. I was always under the impression first to the spot it is yours to fish until you leave. Doesn't matter if your in first place or last, but like I stated earlier, I haven't tournament fished in 20years. No one "owns" a place on the water.

3. Member
    I am all for respect on the water and not crowding another boat. That being said why does he think the second place angler who fished the spot first on day 1 and was there first on day 3 should bow down and give the spot to him? It is a well know community hole not secret brush pile he planted. What is the point of multiple day events if the rest of the field is not suppose to fish for the win after day 1?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    He's in full blown cya mode now, lol. Best part is that Jason didn't win on that spot on day 4.
    He knows that. That is what he meant by "defensive fishing." Lambert could keep Haynes from catching some of those fish from the "spot" and then go catch his other fish.

5. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    The apology seems very sincere, I just hate discussions on "unwritten rules".
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    The apology seems very sincere, I just hate discussions on "unwritten rules".
    I agree. Am setting here trying to think of another sport where they have "unwritten rules". I guess this is a drastically different sport than most but still.

7. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I agree. Am setting here trying to think of another sport where they have "unwritten rules". I guess this is a drastically different sport than most but still.
    Baseball is the worse for it.
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker

8. Member
    Baseball is the worse for it.
    Interesting.... Didn't play and only follow some local college teams so not really familiar.

9. Member
    Forget the term "unwritten rules" you have so much trouble, and insert "integrity". Is that more understandable?

10. Member
    I guess I interpret that different than everyone else...he seems like a huge cry baby and wants to discuss ethics and use ethics to back his case when he's the one pulling up on another angler that was there first. This crap about him having rights to all the water because he's in first is what's wrong with tournament fishing.
    He should've kept quiet instead of releasing a statement like that

11. Member
    I respect him coming out and voicing his side. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but I do respect it. Good on you, Mr. Haynes

12. Member
    Don’t compromise your integrity, your belief system, or your composure- but don’t you quit either.

Most important phrase in all of this. I am not the hunter I was years ago, but kind of the same thing with us, Papaws friends had their own "stands" on his property....... no one hunted them but those friends, even though they might be there 4-5 weekends a season, even when they were not there, no one hunted them. It was never talked about, just not something you would not do.

13. Member

14. Member
    Competition in the outdoors is ghey...leads to crap like this. Anytime money gets involved it ruins everything.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    Don’t compromise your integrity, your belief system, or your composure- but don’t you quit either.

Most important phrase in all of this. I am not the hunter I was years ago, but kind of the same thing with us, Papaws friends had their own "stands" on his property....... no one hunted them but those friends, even though they might be there 4-5 weekends a season, even when they were not there, no one hunted them. It was never talked about, just not something you would not do.
    Papaw owned private property, the unique thing about fishing is you are in a public place.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Forget the term "unwritten rules" you have so much trouble, and insert "integrity". Is that more understandable?
    Not sure what integrity has to do with it. Guy wasn't trying to rip little old ladies off in a Ponzi scheme or anything. I just figure they have a blast off in order of the prior days placement for a reason. You get to a spot first I would think you get to fish it. Else why not just say "ok guys go get on your spot by 6:45 and we will officially start at 7:00 am. No need for a blast off if everyone can claim water.

17. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Not sure what integrity has to do with it. Guy wasn't trying to rip little old ladies off in a Ponzi scheme or anything. I just figure they have a blast off in order of the prior days placement for a reason. You get to a spot first I would think you get to fish it. Else why not just say "ok guys go get on your spot by 6:45 and we will officially start at 7:00 am. No need for a blast off if everyone can claim water.
    This is the problem with unwritten rules, different situations can have multiple points of view. No one is doing anything to lack integrity, just different viewpoints.

18. Member
    This is the problem with unwritten rules, different situations can have multiple points of view. No one is doing anything to lack integrity, just different viewpoints.
    True story.

he lost the race to the spot, to the guy in 2nd place, who had been fishing there, not the guy in last place.

"oh allow me to give up my chance to win so you can win"
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    What's understandable is that some people feel that following the actual written rules keeps them in integrity. If tournament organizations wanted to they could add the "unwritten rules" at any time, but they don't. They must not be that important. Until then the people who follow the written rules are not doing anything wrong.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast