DTS hotfoot and Hand throttle Switch

Can someone point me, or shall I say, my Merc mechanic in right direction. I’ve asked two only Verado dealers here and also one in CA where I bought my boat and they all say “can’t have hand throttle if you have a hot foot throttle”. I know that’s BS because I know member 2500 has this option to switch with a push of a button from hotfoot to hand throttle. I have the wiring kit that came with boat but from my understanding it’s not as simple as plug and play ... or is it?

My hand throttle has the button equipped but doesn’t do anything because kit is not attached due to hotfoot being there. Please guide me on best way to have this. Option as I love using hand throttle around docks just because I’m used to it. Not only that, I paid for the Cadillac of motors why not utilize it if I have the option? I just do not want my Merc mechanic to mess up ANY of the hotfoot calibrations already done since they have no clue what to do. Because I am at a good top speed in my Nitro z21 w 300 Pro Verado at 77mph. This is not something I can do corrrect? If not, then is it pretty straight forward? Can he find this in service manual? If not where does he look? (Wish I was able to utliZe Option 3 drive across the country and let the Don the Verado guru install)

sorry for the lengthy question. Sorry don’t have serial number but can update tomm or Saturday once I’m at the boat.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements, and provide the REQUIRED info with your post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Was this question ever answered? I'd also love to have option to switch from hand throttle to hot foot. Otherwise, hot foot is going to be removed.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwreinert View Post
    Was this question ever answered? I'd also love to have option to switch from hand throttle to hot foot. Otherwise, hot foot is going to be removed.
    Welcome to BBC!

Please open your own (separate) post and provide the Required Info (serial number) in your post. It would also be a good idea to provide a picture of your current control (for reference).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor