Custom dashes being made- problem

I originally contacted an individual on here, who is very well received, about having some custom dashes made. I asked for a possible eta and cost if I sent him my dashes as templates. I was told that the cost would be 258.50 including shipping and that it would take 1 week after he received my dashes for the work to be completed. I sent him my dashes March 8, 2018. That was 77 days ago.

Since that time, I Facebook messaged him on March 20, 2018 asking for any news and providing my phone number if he had any questions. Really, the March 20 message was a way of saying what is going on. He responded that on that day and said he got them and would be working on them in the next couple of days and he would call and let me know when they were done.

I then messaged him on April 9, 2018 asking for any word? I received no response so I called him the next day and he said he had just been busy with other work.

I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt and waited until May 15, 2018 at which time I called him and he said that he had done one of the dashes and he was going to finish them up that week.

Well, no word this week and today is May 24. I Don't want to get cross with the guy. He seems to do good work but 77 days sure isn't one week.

Called again today and no answer. At this point, I don't know what else I can do. Do I say look, I sent this stuff to you 77 days ago and you said one week. I need my work completed or my original dashes back. At this point, I don't know if I would get my original dashes back in one piece making a demand like that. Or do I just keep calling and saying yea it's good to be busy can I get my stuff made, pretty please.

Any helpful suggestions?
    Last edited by mparsley; 05-24-2018 at 02:44 PM.

I hate it when someone tells you one thing and does another.

3. Member
    What exactly is a custom dash ??? You say that and I picture an entire console ... You mean the dash panels which hold the switches.

I agree 77 days is excessive.

4. Member
    Dash panels that hold guages and switches made out of aluminum and painted to match the boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mparsley View Post
    Dash panels that hold guages and switches made out of aluminum and painted to match the boat.
    Ahhhh ok... I was thinking wow that's cheap for an entire console built out of fiberglass.

I think I would just call / email and request the panels back.. Along with a certified letter stating the same.

Hindsight being 20/20 probably would have been better to send templates vs the actual panel.. But hey hindsight is always 20/20

If it's a board sponsor, I suspect Al would like to hear about it. I also suspect that would be a quick way to get your dash panels back.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

7. Banned
    I think I know who you are talking about, after I had about a 30 minute convo with him about having some built for my boat I decided to take my business elsewhere.

8. Banned
    Man there was a guy on here that use to make them out of plastic. He was cheap and awesome. Wish he was still around. I need a new one.

9. Banned
    I think this is the newest one:

gratis.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    if you get someone else who can make them send them here we will dip them in any pattern you want, happy to help out and get you back on the water..