Trailer wiring problems

I posted this on the lounge as well. A quick run down. Replaced my boat trailer lights with standard lights and the wires throughout as well. I have 12v going all the way to the lights and I have continuity at the lights but no lights. I have a round to flat plug at my truck that glows when it has power. When I connect the short white wire that I'm assuming is the ground even though it's white to the trailer the plug quits glowing but I'm pretty sure there's still 12v to the lights. I won't know this for sure until I get home from work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Is the white wire on the trailer side grounded to the trailer? Make sure you have a good ground on the trailer side.

3. Member
    The white wire is a ground. You need a ground connected to the trailer and it’s mate grounded to the truck. If you have 12v at the bulb socket then it about has to be a ground issue. Or either the bulbs are blown.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I’d guess a bad connection in the mix. Connecting the ground completes the circuit and the wiring can’t handle the load
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​