ELECTRICAL CURRENT ON PROP/ PROPSHAFT

Has any one had an issue with have voltage on your prop/ prop shaft when you have the charger plugged in?

my boat is an 2018 zx225 and it will shock you if you touch the prop with the charger plugged in.

plugged into a grounded outlet with all of the breakers and master power turned off.

2. Member
    Is this like a static discharge shock or like live wire 110 vac constant shock?

There should be no voltage on the prop, i.e. engine ground. I would get it to the dealer and let them track it down. Stray voltages can cause some severe problems with your engine electronics.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sek198 View Post
    Has any one had an issue with have voltage on your prop/ prop shaft when you have the charger plugged in?

my boat is an 2018 zx225 and it will shock you if you touch the prop with the charger plugged in.

plugged into a grounded outlet with all of the breakers and master power turned off.
    You may have lost the safety ground, round pin, in one of the electrical connections. Check them all, buy a cheap plug tester with lights if you aren't good with a voltmeter.

Mine did that and it was a bad drop cord causing the problem.
    2018 Skeeter FX21 LE Ox Blood

6. Member
    Probably open neutral on your 120 side somewhere.

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    On the end of an extension cord or in an outbuilding? Probably a grounding issue if so.

The problem is that the local ground is at a different voltage than the service ground.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​