MG X3 Just Stopped Working

I have a 5 speed Motor Guide X3 70lb. The motor is only several years old and only used 10 days a year. Was trolling down a bank, and it just stopped. It will not work using the button or on continuous. I have power at the plug on the boat, so I guess the problem is with the motor. Any ideas? Closest repair shop is an hour away.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dough4200 View Post
    I have a 5 speed Motor Guide X3 70lb. The motor is only several years old and only used 10 days a year. Was trolling down a bank, and it just stopped. It will not work using the button or on continuous. I have power at the plug on the boat, so I guess the problem is with the motor. Any ideas? Closest repair shop is an hour away.
    Did you check this with the motor set to constant, turned on and plugged in. You have to "load" the system to to check for voltage and see if there is a voltage drop due to bad wiring.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    I did not. I just unplugged motor and tested to see if I had voltage on the female end of the receptacle.