Price Heads up on Blue Sea Buss Barr

West Marine currently has the Blue Sea 4 Post Buss Bar on sale for under $5 when it's normally like $40. If you currently have too much crap connected to your battery, this is a good opportunity to clean it up.

https://www.westmarine.com/outlet/bu...7747-_-1923673

Just a heads up.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

That didn’t last long!
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

3. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    The seemingly good price for the outlet store listed bus bar by Blue Sea Systems was actually for a discontinued model.....inferior to the materials and construction of the currently sold model.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou r Pitcher View Post
    The seemingly good price for the outlet store listed bus bar by Blue Sea Systems was actually for a discontinued model.....inferior to the materials and construction of the currently sold model.
    I highly doubt last year's model of a Blue Sea buss bar is so inferior that it wasn't worth the $5 but maybe your expectations are different.

But that part number is still listed on the Blue Sea website so...

5. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    PN2106 Discontinued Notice:

https://www.bluesea.com/products/old/2106

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou r Pitcher View Post
    PN2106 Discontinued Notice:

https://www.bluesea.com/products/old/2106
    So you've never purchased a product that had an improved version, only the original? Looks like the only change is the base material.

7. Member
    If I were to buy a buss bar I think I'd lean toward one with fuses. Pay a little more but improve utility.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    If I were to buy a buss bar I think I'd lean toward one with fuses. Pay a little more but improve utility.
    That'd be a fuse panel, not a buss bar. Totally different application. The buss bar is to run power to different locations: engine, console, bow, etc. A fuse panel is to fuse separate circuits with different amperage requirements. You run a wire from the buss bar to a fuse panel. Fuse panels do not belong in the bilge.

9. Member
    You got me on terminology on that one. As far as fuse panels, many older boats have in line fuses all over the battery connection area with distribution throughout the boat from there. In that instance a fuse panel in the bilge is the proper choice to remove all the crap inline fuses and clean up the installation.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    You got me on terminology on that one. As far as fuse panels, many older boats have in line fuses all over the battery connection area with distribution throughout the boat from there. In that instance a fuse panel in the bilge is the proper choice to remove all the crap inline fuses and clean up the installation.
    FYI, fuse boxes are definitely recommended to replace a bunch of inline fuses but the bilge isn't the place for it. Fuses can spark when they blow or when they are installed or removed and sparks in a bilge are not OK. Don't do that.