10 Ft Power Poles

Just wondering why it is that I hardly ever see a boat with 10 ft poles on it. Do they not hold as good as the 8 footers? I've noticed that even on the elite series and flw most guys that run power poles have the 8 footers except for just a few.

I have tens, my next three buddys have tens then a pair of 8's wrap up the crowd, I don't think tens hold as well but in 9' they hold better haha. I think it's a looks preference for the most part.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    My 10's hold better than 8's. Of course the old model was first gen, very basic, and nowhere NEAR as strong as the Blades. Blades are stiffer throughout, and have a larger, stronger, better protected down pole.
    Not to mention, the 10' Blades have a braced bracket that is light years ahead of the non-braced brackets.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 250 Opti w/SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12"

NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Wireless Lighting Controller
    Carbon 12's & 9 on Precision Sonar mounts and A/T.
    GHOST w/3-in-1 & 360.
    Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Yes blade to blade the 8's are stiffer, and you can run braced brackets on 8's if you want to spend it
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    with the introduction of spotlock, there is less need for the longer poles , alot of customers do not have the garage door height for 10's and do not want to do the partial deploy to clear garage door these are the reasons we hear and see most often. and as Fishysam stated braced brackets can be added to any powerpole no matter of length.